thirty-three

After slowly falling asleep for the second time with Luke's arms wrapped tightly around her, Mae thought that she'd be set until about ten o'clock. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case because she awoke to a strange noise coming from outside the door.

She gently crept out of the bed, successfully without awaking Luke, and made her way over to the hotel door. As she peered out of the peep hole, all she could see was black. This was frightening to her, so she took precaution before opening the door.

With the chain lock assembled, the door opened about five inches to reveal people she's seen before, but only from within her computer and television screens -- two more members of 5 Seconds of Summer.

Calum and Ashton stood side by side, expectant looks on their faces.

"I, uhm, hi," Mae mumbled. She was partially tired and partially in awe at who's at the door so early in the day.

"Well, hello there. You must be the girl our little Lukey is all googly eyes over," Ashton commented, very bluntly.

Mae blushed immediately at his words.

"Ash," Calum warned, smacking him in the stomach, "sorry about him," he apologized, focusing his attention primarily on Mae.

The two peered in through the small space they were currently provided with as they tried to persuade her to open the door fully.

"We're not creepers, ya know?" Calum stated.

"Yeah, so we're not dangerous and therefore won't budge our way in," Ashton added.

Mae realized what they were getting at and shut the door, unlocked it, and reopened it.

Smiles overtook their faces as they saw the sight behind her.

There was one king size bed inside the room, and Luke was currently snuggled tightly within the covers. Beside him was an empty spot where the covers had been thrashed -- obviously from Mae's doing.

"You slept together," Ashton exclaimed.

Mae's hand flew to his mouth, instantly quieting him.

"No," she hissed, "well, I mean yes, but not in the way you're thinking."

Luke turned onto his side as his eyes slowly opened. He figured Mae was up due to the coldness he was feeling, but he certainly wasn't expecting to see two of his best friends standing beside her.

"What're you two doing here?" He groaned, his morning voice once again overwhelming Mae. She didn't think she'd ever get used to it.

"Just popped in to say hello, and, uh, make sure you weren't in trouble," Calum answered, looking suspiciously at Luke.

"At six thirty in the morning? Seriously, guys." He threw back the covers and walked over to Mae, kissing her cheek.

"Aw, you guys are adorable." Ashton's eyes were the size of the moon. He was like a lost puppy in search of its owner.

"You haven't seen anything yet." As Luke's words left his mouth, he turned Mae in his arms and kissed her passionately on the lips.

Ashton cooed and Calum gagged.

Mae was taken aback at his public display of affection and quickly detached herself from Luke. She narrowed her eyes at him before politely excusing herself from the group.

The three guys were all confused, but only one took action to see what was wrong.

Luke followed Mae into a private section of the hotel room -- the sitting room. Thankfully, there was a door separating it from the bedroom so Calum and Ashton can't eavesdrop.

"Woah, what's wrong?"

Mae looked to the view outside as memories flashed through her mind of previous relationships. She had never been a fan of PDA, and even though she couldn't blame Luke since he didn't know, she can't help but be taken back to when everything was flipped upside down.

i'm completely obsessed with twenty one pilots .... that is all