Chapter 20: Her Fairytale

XX. 

Trigger Warning - Mention of self harm

Camila rubbed her eyes, rolling over to a terrible pain in her side. When her vision cleared from the sleep, she was looking at the wall, an inch or two of the carpet covering the lower half of her view. When she scooted backwards to roll over, Camila felt a set of arms pull her the rest of the way, and her heart swelled from the memories of the previous night. "Lauren?" She asked slowly, wriggling her numb arm out from underneath her and flexing her fingers. The brunette then realized that the pain in her side was caused by the burrowing of her hipbone into the ground.

"That's me." Lauren's morning voice was groggy, muffled against the nape of Camila's neck.

"Why are we on the floor?"

"Because you refused to cooperate last night, remember?" Lauren replied again in her quiet alto. "The bed was too far."

"The bed was right there." Camila jerked her chin over to where the double sat only a few feet away. "You really couldn't have taken like, two more steps?"

"Careful." Lauren smiled as she spoke. "You're not in a very good position right now to be arguing with me, don't you think?"

The brunette immediately caught wind of Lauren's sentiments, her girlfriends hands were linked together directly on her stomach, fingers grazing the bare skin around her navel. It happened to be where she was the most ticklish. "Oh hell no. Not again thank you very much." Camila wiggled her body out of Lauren's grip, rolling across the ground and getting to her knees. "Come on, let's go upstairs. I'm hungry."

"You're always hungry." Lauren laughed, rolling onto her back and holding her good arm out above her. "Take my hand."

Camila did so, but not without an eye-roll. When Lauren was on her feet, she wrapped her arms around Camila's neck and brought their lips together. "Do we have to?" She mumbled when they disconnected.

"Have to what?"

"Have to go upstairs." Lauren clarified before leaning in for another kiss. "I just want to stay for as long as I can. In this world, where only you and I exist."

Camila grinned. "Come on, there are crazy people waiting for us up there." She took Lauren's hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze while leading the girl towards the entrance of the room. When they emerged upstairs, Camila wasn't surprised to see each of her roommates gathered around the kitchen table murmuring to each other. They stopped when the other two appeared, slowly turning and looking in their direction.

"I need a hug." Lauren spoke, loud enough for the others to hear and clear enough for them to understand. "This one made me sleep on the floor last night." Camila felt a hand squeeze her shoulder and she chuckled. Only seconds later, she was yanked out of the way and went stumbling away from Lauren. The other girls had wasted no time in wrapping the green eyed girl in a series of layered bear hugs.

"We missed you my dear." Ally said first.

"I need you like the air I breathe Lolo." Dinah added, her arms encircling the both of them.

Normani was at her back. There was a smile on her face, and her eyes were closed as if she was speaking to Lauren silently through the wavelength they shared. Camila just put on a playful scoff of disbelief before marching into the kitchen and pulling the fridge open.

"So, what's the deal with my lovely couple here?" Dinah asked, void of absolutely any shame in addressing such a personal issue.

It was something they hadn't quite discussed yet. Not that they needed to; through all the words and the kisses, there really wasn't much that needed to be said. Camila looked at Lauren hopefully, her lips curling into a soft smile. The expression Lauren held didn't need words either, it was as clear as day the twinkle of emotion that the two girls shared.