Chapter 23

Rosalind's POV

Today I am leaving the pack hospital, the pain in my back started to vanish very quickly because of that mate bond thing.

"You sure you're alright?" Clay asks while helping me off the bed.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine." I laugh at him, he's always so protective and it gets kind of annoying.

"I know, I know. I just want to make sure you're alright."

"I'm fine." I tell him. He smiles and leans in to kiss me, but I pull away. I don't feel like kissing right now, I just feel like getting out of this horrible room.

He frowns and kisses my cheek instead before he grabs my hand and leads me out of the hospital. As we walk down the hall to the main pack house area, a couple of pack members stare at me.

I ignore them and walk with Clay. When we reach the main room of the house, a few girls stare at me.

I turn to Clay, "I feel awkward.." I tell him as I look around at all the pack members that are looking me.

He chuckles and heads outside.
I try to ignore the members as I walk outside following Clay. When we get outside I see my dad talking with all the trackers, and Ace.

I forgot all about Ace. I haven't seen him since the day I went into a coma, which means I haven't broke things off with him yet.

Clay walks over to them, "Were did the rogue's scent end?"
They all turn to him as my dad answers, "Along the Southern Border."

My dad then sniffs the air and snaps his eyes to my neck. He growls slightly.

He looks back at Clay and they look at each other as if they are mind-linking. Ace looks at me and I give him a nervous smile, rage fills his eyes and he looks away immediately.

Okay, so I guess he knows Clay is my mate.

My dad turns to me, "Rose, can you leave us so we can discuss issues involving rogues."

I nod my head and walk away, back into the house. When I enter the house I see Alexa in the living room. "Whatcha doing lex?" I ask plopping down on the couch next to her.

She sniffs the air and looks at me with wide eyes.
"YOU'RE MARKED BY THE ALPHA!" She yells excitedly, even though she didn't have to yell because I am sitting right beside her.

"Yea, he's my mate." It feels weird to call him my mate, but yet it feels right.

"OH MY GOD! wait how'd you know he is your mate? You haven't shifted yet? Or did I sleep through your birthday somehow!"

I laugh at her, "He told me."

"You know what this makes you!"

"Um, no?"

"You're the Luna now!" She says while she rolls her eyes at me as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

I forgot that when a Alpha to a pack marks his mate it makes their mate Luna.  How could I forget that? I'm too young to help control and protect a pack though. I'm not even 16 yet.

"It seems weird to think of myself as a high ranking like that." I laugh while Alexa gets up and starts jumping up and down.

"My best friend is the Luna! This is so awesome!"

"Calm down you over excited kangaroo." I tell her while standing up and heading to the kitchen.

She follows behind me, "Who you calling a kangaroo, you hippo."