11. Part b

Guyz I hope you all know the feeling when the star down below glows golden.. So do vote...

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Peaceful.. That is what I felt when I stood near the pool, waiting for Dhruvika to join me.

The only factor worrying me was her face, the denial that I could clearly see in her expressions. I wanted to know what was troubling her.

Seconds ticked by as I waited for her.

Soon I saw her, in the pond, the fishes swimming over her face, the crescent moon next to her, adding shine to her face.

I felt as if I could pass the whole day by just looking at her. I felt like a lost puppy.

Time ticked slowly, as we gazed into each others eyes. I could see her thinking about something, her eyes darting, biting her lips.

It was a sight to see. Soon she was out in the world as our eyes met. Fear evident in her face. But fear, why?

I slowly turned to see her face. The slow wind had played with her hair and let it escape from the curve of her ears.

I don't know why, but I had this urge to wipe it back in place. Not sure if I could control, I turned my head to look at the reflection of her face.

I could see that she hadn't put any big makeup, the bandage over her head, hair clipped loosely, but still she looked good.

We had stood there for a moment, sealing the moment in our heart. But the moment was paused as Rithika came by, with tea for us.

I watched by as the ladies arranged the table and invited me to take the seat. As a gentleman, I offered them the seat first and later had made myself comfortable.

While mixing sugar, Dhruvika gave me a look that asked how much sugar I wanted. Her one look was enough, words weren't required.

'Just one would do.' Was my only reply and I also realized that it was the first time one of us talked after coming here. I wondered whether that went by her notice.

The silence kept on increasing until it was necessary that one among the three had to speak. Why not me? I thought as I began talking, of course to Rithika.

As we were talking, I gave short glances at Dhruvika and saw that she was getting impatient. Somehow the thought made me happy.

She was troubled as I wasn't speaking to her. But still she never uttered a word.

To provoke her more, I gave my empty cup to Rithika. That hit it, because she stood up, collecting the cups, ready to leave.

Shit!! I screwed up. But she can't leave, we had to talk.

"Uhh... Wait... I wanted to talk to you Dhruvika, can you stay for a few minutes longer?" I could see that she was clearly surprised and so was Rithika.

She agreed and sat back in position while Rithika left, waving her goodbye.

I started with a casual talk but soon moved to our main topic, the marriage.

But before I could tell her anything, she started blabbering, which took me by surprise as this was the first time I had seen her talk so much.

"Ji, I know. I heard you from the car." She knows what? I never knew about her in the car, then what did she hear?  
Oh wait, don't tell me its about not marrying! If so, then I'm screwed.

My thoughts were confirmed as she continued with her speech.
"I.. I can understand your refusal for a marriage. And its okay, I can talk to both our parents, that way it'll be easier to stop everything. And I'm sorry for today's rudeness." Yes, of course I'm screwed.