Chapter 1

Running away wasn't easy especially because it meant I had to leave everything behind, everything I've known my whole life, everything that made sense.

But it had to happen I couldn't take the pain anymore.

I now was not only responsible for my life but for another.

(6 Hours earlier)

"If there isn't anything else to talk about I need to take my beautiful mate and call it a night."

He placed his arm around my shoulder and looked around waiting to see if anyone was going to talk.
I looked around seeing the eyes of the females looking at me with jealousy but if only they knew how much of a monster he really is.

He pulled me towards his room and pushed me on the bed he started hitting me and calling insults one after the other.
He did the unspeakable and when he was done he changed his clothes and said he was heading tothe bar with his friends.

I lay in the bed beaten and bruised my hips hurt from how much he grabbed me trying to pin me down.

"This is your chance to finally leave." My wolf whispered

"What's the point? You heard him I'm worthless"

"We need to protect our pup, if he hurts us do you think he won't hesitate hurting our pup." She said

"But you won't be able to live without your mate" I said sadly

"You and our pup are more important then any mate."

I stood up and walked to the bathroom avoiding the mirror I walked to the shower turning the water on I stood there for a few minutes trying to ignore the pain and scrubbing my body to get rid of the feeling of his hands on me.

I placed a little shampoo and washed my hair and when I was done I carefully wrapped a towel around my body and did the mistake of looking into the mirror.

My face and any other skin not wrapped with the towel was black and blue I winched as I touched one of the bruises on my face.

"Sorry" my wolf whimpered

"It's not your fault." I said

Walking away from the mirror I went inside the closet and changed into some sweat pants and a hoddie.

"It's my fault I was the one who kept telling you to give our mate a chance." She said

"It's not your fault." I repeated

And it's not he was her mate and though he didn't accept me his wolf accepted us and maybe that's one of the reasons why I kept giving him chances.

I brushed my hair and placed it into a ponytail, walking back to the closet I grabbed one of my school back bags filling them with some of my clothes then walked towards his safe and grabbed a couple of hundred bills and whatever official documents I had that he had put in the safe closing it I put the money into the bag grabbing my shoes and putting them on I looked around feeling grief.

Though I hate our mate this place was all I knew.

I grabbed my bag and threw it out the window then closing it grabbing my car keys and walking out of the room.

"Luna?!" I stopped before placing a smile on my face

"Yes Max?" I asked he was one of his loyal pack members

"Where are you going the Alpha isn't back?" he asked

"My friend just messaged saying she got the package I got for our Alpha and I'm just going to drive there and get it before the Alpha is back since it's a surprise." I said

"I don't think the Alpha would like for you to drive at night maybe I should come with you or better yet just tell me where ever your friend lives and I'll go get the gift" he said

"No no it's alright it my gift after all but I'll make you a deal if I feel like I'm in any danger I'll call my mate or just sleep over there okay"

"I guess..." he said unsure

"Just don't tell the Alpha if he comes earlier then me cause I want to keep it a surprise okay I'll be back in an hour or so."

"I guess I won't" he said

"I'll see you later Max." I said giving him a reassuring smile

I walked to the back where I dropped my bag and quickly put them under the car seat before getting in and driving off, looking in the car rear view mirror i can see Max watching from the door.