Chapter 44

A'leah

"We are gathered here today for the home going of August Anthony Alsina junior. A young man gone too soon. August maybe gone physically, but he'll always be with us spiritually can I get an amen?" The preacher asked the congregation.

"Amen!" Muk said.

I wiped my tears away, rubbing my baby bump. August laid in a gold casket, lying their peacefully.

I looked over at the kids and they were kicking their feet around, not paying attention to anything around them.

"M-My baby!" Maw-Maw cried.

"God why did you take my b-baby!?" Mama Sheila asked, crying hysterically.

Travis wiped his tears and held onto her and Maw-Maw.

"Mommy I wan daddy!" Miracle whined.

"Daddy!" Mason yelled.

"Shh Mason. Daddy seeping." Aiden said.

"Daddy wake up!" Miracle yelled.

I busted out crying and made my way over to August's casket for the sixth time.

"Baby y-you c-ccan't leave m-mme!" I cried over his casket, grabbing his hand.

"Leah..just come sit down." Travis mumbled, trying to grab my hand.

I snatched away from him and continued to cry. I leaned over, kissed August's hand and grabbed his hand.

I suddenly felt something trickle down my leg. My breathing got heavy and everything went black.

"Leah, wake up." Travis mumbled, shaking my shoulder a little.

I jumped a little, observing my surroundings. I was in the car with Travis. I felt my stomach and checked my legs. I wasn't bleeding, and my baby bump was a little noticeable.

"It felt so real Travis." I sniffed.

"Don't cry na'. You gotta stay strong lil sis." Travis encouraged, handing me a tissue.

I wiped my face and nodded. "I'm trying to. Just seeing him like that breaks me."

"I kno it does, but God is watchin' him and so is Mel. C'mon and get out. We're gonna go see if he made any progress."

I nodded and got out the car, shutting the door behind me. A strong breeze blew through my hair as I walked towards the entrance of the hospital.

I approached the front desk and gave then August's information. The receptionist gave Travis and I vistor's passes and we headed to the ICU.

"Are you pregnant Leah?" Travis asked.

"Yes. How'd you know?" I replied.

"You got that glow that Tima had." He grinned.

"That's Callie's mom right?"

"Yeah."

"Oh okay. August and I planned on telling everyone but, once he got shot I had forgotten all about it."

"My mama already know. She said sumn bout a mother's intuition." He chuckled.

I smiled and walked down the hall with Travis beside me, searching for August's doctor. I spotted him talking to one of the nurses by August's door.

"Excuse me Doctor Hamilton, can I speak to you?" I asked politely.

"Sure." He said.

The nurse left and he approached Travis and I, shaking Travis's hand.

"How is August?"

"Stable. He showed signs of movement last night and this morning. I've had nurses checking on him and he is awake, saying a few words here and there."

I pushed past him, and ran right inside his room.

"Shit." He mumbled.

"Baby your awake!" I squealed.

I leaned over his bed kissing all over his face, neck and arms. Travis laughed and pulled me away from.

"How you feelin' lil bruh?" Travis asked.

"I feel like shit." August mumbled.

I grabbed some tissue and blew my nose. A few tears cascaded down my face, as I smiled a little.

"I'm so glad your okay baby. I missed you." I pouted.

"I missed you too baybeh." He said, coughing a little bit.

"Are you hungry? I can go home and fix you something. Or, I'll order you some Pizza Hut. I'm hungry too, Travis are you hungry?" I rambled.

August grinned a little bit and reached for my hand. I threw my tissue away, washed my hands and sat on August's bed, intertwining our hands together.

"Food sound good right na'. I need a shower. I can feel the wind in my ass with this damn gown I'a got on. This shit ain't made fa' me." August laughed.

"Clowin' already. I'm glad you aight lil bruh. You had everybody worried bout you." Travis said.

"As much as I wanna blow off Jamal head fa' tryna kill me, I almost lost my life so I'm not gone take his. I'll let his bitch ass get raped in the booty."

I snickered a little bit and shook my head. Travis shoved his hands in his pockets, laughing a little bit.

"I can't believe he would even do that to you baby. It all happened so fast, I could have lost you and-"

"Shh baybeh. You wasn't gone lose me. I'll be damned if I'on fight fa' my life. I couldn't leave you behind wit' four kids behind. Not to mention all my loved ones. I can't even imagine closin' my eyes fa' good. Shit is scary." August sighed.

He scooted over a little bit and patted a spot next to him. I slowly laid beside him as he held me tight. It felt so good to be in his arms. I thought I had lost him.

--

Sorry for the long wait! I know this chapter probably sucks. I'll definitely be either re-writing this or something.

School is in four days.. My junior year begins in four days.. All this weekend I'm worried about spamming y'all with updates. Who's ready? 😏