02 Disaster

Yuna could only guess where her younger sister was in the dark.

"Don't bullshit me. You've just had a nightmare.", she explained.

"No. I have really seen a dragon. In the hallway."

"Yui, stop it. You're already thirteen and not a little kid anymore. There are no dragons." The high school student turned around so she could go back to sleep.

Energetic, Yui dragged away the soft blanket of her sister. "The dragon is real!"

The blue-haired snorted annoyed and turned back. "There are no dragons! Go to sleep, or I'll get father."

"I wanted to wake him up, but I'm afraid that the dragon is lurking just around the corner."

"You're such a stupid child."

Yuna took advantage of the bright display of her mobile to illuminate the floor. She waited until Yui had receded into her bed, then she jumped down from the upper bunk. A thud accompanied her landing. Uncouth she yawned, crossed the room and grabbed the doorknob.

"Wait!", hissed Yui uneasily from her bed.

"What?!" Annoyed the elder looked back over her shoulder.

"What if the dragon is just outside the door?"

"Shut your mouth already."

With an energetic yank, Yuna opened the door and stared at a black outline, which was dimly lit by her mobile phone's display. She straightened out the light and saw drool dripping teeth and expressionless black eyes in front of her, whom stared at her. A curious cooing came from the mouth of the beast.

Startled, Yuna let her cellphone fall the ground, which landed on the back and sent its light shining to the ceiling. The girl took a surprised breath and slammed to door shut at once.

"What was that?", asked Yui anxiously.

"That can't be ...", stuttered a chalky pale Yuna. "There are no monsters. I must be dreaming." Unsure, she stumbled backward away from the door and the light shine.

A scraping noise sounded from the door. The two girls squealed in fear. It rumbled, as if something smashed its mighty skull against the door.

"Shit ... shit ... shit ..." Yuna looked frantically around the room. The window! "We have to get out of here! Come, Yui."

Her sister shook her head quickly. "Where is father?"

"How the fuck should I know?!"

There was a loud crash in the room next door and crockery went clattering broken. That must have been the china cabinet in the living room. Then two shots lashed through the house. A bestial roar sounded through the wall from the next room. It pounded twice on the wall, then the head of a beast broke through exactly this wall, but got stuck motionless.

The two girls could only see very little what was going on. Nevertheless, or perhaps because of this reason, they panicked even more.

Yui moved away from the wall and hid in the corner. Yuna grabbed her wooden sword, which she had from the school Kendo club and pointed the tip to the potential attacker. Slowly the head disintegrated, leaving only the hole in the wall behind. A high scream came through the door.