09

It's been a few days since Grace came up with her master plan. She hasn't done anything to make Alaric think anything wrong or good. She has just been acting very normal for her. It's been driving Alaric insane. She can tell. She is finding this entire thing funny and she knows he doesn't like how long it's taking her to figure out.

"Grace, it's been a week. Have you made your decision yet?" Alaric asks as he had kept her after class.

"Not yet. Maybe, we should hang out and get to know each other more. Before anything happens." She says

He nods. They agree to hang out next week Friday at the school Halloween dance. Jeremy was going to go with Bonnie. They were an item now. Elena was going with Stefan obviously, and Sam was finally getting her date with Damon. Grace has always thought those two would be the perfect couple. All Damon needs to do is be a lot nicer to everyone, as Grace says. Sam doesn't mind. Sam says that Damon being a jerk, is hot.

Throughout the week of waiting, Alaric figured out how much he truly likes Grace.

Finally, Friday arrives but Grace has to cancel due to being sick. Alaric stays at his place and calls her.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Hey." He says

"Oh hi Alaric. What's up?" Grace asks before sneezing for the 100th time that day

"Not much. I wish our date wasn't canceled. Think we could just talk on the phone and get to know each other that way? I could call you on FaceTime." He suggests

"Umm. Sure." She says

She hangs up the call and he calls her back on FaceTime.

"Alright, favorite color." Alaric says starting off the questions.

"Aqua. Yours?" She asks him.

"Light blue." He says smiling.

"Alright. Favorite food?" She asks

"Pizza." He says

"My favorite food are those fries, that have a spicy kind of taste to them." She says

He chuckles causing her to smile.

"I love your chuckle." She says to him

"And I love your smile." He says smirking

Over the entire night, they talk on FaceTime and get to know each other better.

"Alright Alaric, it's 5 in the morning, I'm tired and sick, you have to go teach, so, I'm going to go to sleep now." She says.

They had been on FaceTime all night.

"Goodnight Grace." He says but she had already fallen asleep.

"I love you." He says through the phone before ending the call letting her sleep.