Chapter 4

So!" said Dumbledore, smiling warmly at us. "Now that we are all fed and watered," "Hmph!" said Hermione "I must give out a few notices "The list of places that are forbidden these years are..." I zoned out, rules usually don't apply to me. "Also, it is sad to announce that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year." "What?" I gasped. This is insane! Why and how? The reason better be good or else the school is going to face my wrath. I turned to look at Harry, Fred, and George, my fellow members of the Quidditch team. They were gaping soundlessly at Dumbledore, shock written on their faces. Aw, it's cute when Fred does it...Stop it, Alvina, I tore my gaze away from Fred; this is weird. Dumbledore went on, "This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy - but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts have the honor of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event that has not been held for over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year!" He said proudly. "The purpose of The Triwizard Tournament was to established a friendly competition between the three largest European schools of wizardry: Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang. A champion was selected to represent each school, and the three champions competed in three magical tasks." My heart thumps loudly, something in me wants to be a part of the tournament. Dumbledore continued, "The heads of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving with their short-listed contenders in October, and the selection of the three champions will take place at Halloween. An impartial judge will decide which students are most worthy to compete for the Triwizard Cup, the glory of their school, and a thousand Galleons personal prize money." "I'm going for it!" Fred Weasley hissed down the table, his face lit with enthusiasm at the prospect of such glory and riches. I stared at him with wonder and admiration; a tingly feeling is creeping inside me. "Only students who are seventeen years or older will be allowed to put forward their names for consideration. This" -- Dumbledore raised his voice slightly, for several people had made noises of outrage at these words, and the Weasley twins were suddenly looking furious - "is due to the past that the death rate of the tournament has been too high. It is considered that students who are under sixteen cannot handle the tasks." His light blue eyes landed on the Gryffindor table for a second, as if he could sense my desire to enter. "I suggest you not to waste your time submitting yourself if you are under seventeen. "I am sure each and every single one of you will support our Hogwarts champion and show courtesy towards the students from Dumstrang and Beauxbaton. Now, it is late. Bedtime! Chop chop!" Dumbledore sat down again and turned to talk to Mad-Eye Moody. There was a great scraping and banging as all the students got to their feet and swarmed toward the double doors into the entrance hall. "They can't do that!" said George, who shot a glare at Dumbledore. "We're seventeen in April, why can't we have a shot?" "They're not stopping me entering," said Fred stubbornly, also scowling at the top table. "Well, good luck with that." I yawned, exhaustion taking over me; many bizarre things happened today, Fred included. I decided to excuse myself and left for our dorms with Hermione. I rolled into my comfortable bed, thoughts occupied by the tournament; blocking Hermione's rant about house elves rights. I can't get the thought of the tournament and surprisingly, Fred, out of my head.

-----

Vote/Comment/Share ? :D