Chapter 2

**Flashback from last year**

I got home from school that day in a bad mood. I was late to school because I accidentally broke my alarm clock the day before, I got detention, my history teacher gave me a whole crap load of homework and my bike broke down on my way home so I had to walk the rest of the journey, in the rain.

What a great birthday.

So I got home in a bad mood, obviously, but it turned around when I saw the surprise birthday party for me. It wasn't really a party, but there was food, drinks, a cake,my parents and my five year old sister who was busy oogling my cake.

That was good enough for me.

It really made me happy, and I even got a car for my birthday since I was now qualified to get a license.

We had a lot of fun that night and when I went to sleep my parents and my little sister, Gabriella, came and gave me kisses on my forehead.

'We love you sweetie, happy birthday' My mother had said before they exited my room.
I fell asleep feeling content with myself, not knowing how little those words meant to them.

Later that night, I woke up with the loudest possible scream I could have ever imagined.
A scream I couldn't recognise as my own even though it tore right through my throat.

My lungs were on fire.

My heartbeat frantic.

All I could feel and think was pain.
All over my body.
I felt like I was being crushed and stretched at the same time.

Excruciating pain.
It was unbearable. I felt my bones breaking all over my body.

I could feel them dislodging from their sockets only to bend back into new positions.
My flesh felt like it was being torn apart by some invisible forces and moving across my body to settle in new areas.

I could feel the pressure from my insides, like someone wanted to pull my intestines out from within. My rib cage cracked and seemed to have reformed larger than it was before.
My spine bent and suddendly snapped back up, tossing me out of bed.

What was happening to me?
I could hardly breathe properly. Or more like I couldn't concentrate or even remember how to breathe since my lungs felt like they had fallen to the pit of my stomach like everything else in my body.
I could feel every single thing happening to me and yet it was happening all so fast.

My parents had rushed into my room.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?!" My mother cried.

I couldn't even respond, I was too busy screaming.
I felt needles pierce their way out of my skin only to realise that it was hair. Hair was coming out of everywhere. My arms and legs, even my face. I was begining to get covered from head to toe in thick long hair strands.

My jaw suddenly snapped open causing a halt to my screams when I nearly choked. I couldn't breathe.

It then hung loose allowing my airways to open up again as my facial bones all elongated, painfully stretching the skin while hair grew on it simultaneously.
I was painfully aware of every minor detail that was going on in me, killing me with this torturous amount of pain.

Everything was happening at the same time yet the pain registered individually.

My sister had rushed into the room holding the teddy bear I got her, just in time to see me finish transforming into the monster I had feared all my life.

The monster that plagued me in my nightmares. The reflection in my wardrobe mirror was too much to handle.

After the painful transformation, the look on my parents face said it all.
They were scared of me.