Chapter 1

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by to read my story ;) first of all, i just wanted to say that this is my first fanfiction, like ever! So, it's not a great chapter, but it'll get better after this chapter! I hope you agree with me! 

Thank you so much for reading my story! it means the world to me and more! I love you xx

___________________

” Hello, my name is Elizabeth Grant. You are Amber Carter, right?” she asked and gave me her hand to shake. I nodded while I shook her skinny and cold hand. It felt strange being alone in a small room with a person you don't know, but hopefully something good would come out of the meeting. It was absolutely worth a try, I mean, things couldn't get any worse anyway.

” Nice to meet you, please have a seat.” Elizabeth continued and made a gesture towards the red armchair that was placed in front of her desk. I sat down and crossed my legs and Elizabeth sat down on the chair behind her desk. She looked at me with her brown eyes and her calm smile, probably something she did with everybody that visited her. To make them feel some sort of safety I guess. I looked down at my hands, feeling a bit nervous about this whole situation.

” So, Amber. What can I help you with?”

I didn't even know where to start. A part of me wanted to just spit it all out at once, to get it over with and just wait for her comfort and help. Another part wanted to sit there, quiet as a mouse and just tell her the same lie that I've already got used to tell: That I was fine.

But I was not fine.

I couldn't change my mind now, she would get suspicious if I just left without saying anyting. Maybe I could tell her that I was just depressed about my sick grandmother, because that was 100% true. I looked up at Elizabeth again after taking a deep breath. I cleared my throat once more before I began to speak.

” I just want someone to talk to. You see, I'm kind of a wreck actually, and I guess I've finally realized that I can't hold it inside of me anymore. It needs to get out.” I said, not sure if Elizabeth understood my need. I wasn't even sure if I knew it myself.

” And that's why I'm here for you Amber. I admire you for coming here. Not many people can tell themselves when they need help, most of the time it's someone that makes that decision for them.” she said and gave me another heart warming smile, then adding:

”Amber before we start talking, I just want you to know that what we say stays between us. Nobody will find out unless you want me to say it to someone.”. I liked her already. She actually made me feel a wee better, and I'd only been there for like 5 minutes. It was in that moment that I made my decision, I could tell her anything and that's what I was going to do.

” Thank you, I really appreciate it.” I said and returned her smile.

” Please, continue.”

” Okay. I really don't know how to start this story, but I'll do my best.” I let out a deep sigh.

”It all started about three months ago, or something like that. I was on my way home to my flat pretty late at night after spending some time studying at the library. I realized that it was pretty dark outside, and I'm afraid of the dark, so my pace home was like two hundred per cent faster than it usually is.” I stopped, thinking back on that day, remembering it as if it was yesterday. It was so hard to say the words, and images of that night kept spinning in my head. I still remember the feelings that rushed through my body when it all happened, and it came back to me in that moment while I sat there in the red armchair. The hatred, the shock and most overwhelming feeling of them all – the fear.

” Uhm, this is the hardest part to tell, so excuse me for getting all emotional.” I said while I wiped away the tear that slowly ran down my cheek.

” No need to apologize. Take your time, you're doing great so far.” I really appreciated the fact that Elizabeth could be patient with me, not pushing me to tell her anything. I guess it was part of her job, and that she treated everyone like that. But she somehow managed to make me feel special.

” Well, I heard footsteps behind me and I completely freaked out, because I've seen all those movies about how girls get dragged into some dark alleys by mysterious men that takes advantage of them and just leaves them there, scarred for life.”

I looked away from Elizabeth's worried eyes and down on my trembling hands instead. This was harder than I expected. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to come here after all. But I couldn't stop now. I tried to calm down a bit before I continued my story.

” That's exactly what happened to me that night. Even though I increased my pace, the footsteps came closer and closer and..” I could't continue. Tears were streaming down my face like a waterfall and made my sight blurry.

Elizabeth walked towards me and sat down on her knees in front of me, holding my hands in hers. I guess she knew how hard it was for me.

” Amber, look at me.”

I wiped away most of the tears and tried my best to look at her.

” Did you get raped Amber?” she asked me in a serious voice, her mouth forming a thin line. I guess the fact that I bursted out in tears was all the answers she needed.

” Oh my god.” she said and actually wrapped me in her arms.

Normally I would be freaked out by the fact that someone held me like my mother used to, but in that moment it felt so right. I guess I wanted to be held, to know someone actually cared for me. We sat like that for a while, pretty strange actually to sit like that with your therapist, but it felt right at the time. I felt like a little girl again...

Please Vote and Comment ;)