Staying Strong

Ross' POV 

I splashed some cold water into my face and patted it dry. I looked in the mirror. My skin shone a greyish yellow. This is what happens when you don't get enough sleep, well, when you don't get any sleep. I was having night horrors all night. I would shut my eyes and picture myself in an aeroplane and seconds later, I would be in a crash. 

"Ross, you okay?" Mom asked as I walked back to my bunk. It was about two am. 

"Y-yeah." I stuttered and looked away.

"Ross. Please." Mom begged latching onto me and hugging me. I couldn't hold it in any more. Tears poured from my face. I'm trying to look strong and tough in front of my son but I just can't. 

"Look, honey. I know how you feel." Mom said. 

"No, you don't." I cried and she patted my back.

"Well, I thought you were dead when you ran away." Mom muttered and I gasped shocked. "Look, maybe talking about it is the best thing."

"She's not dead." I told her.

"I know, none of us think she is dead. Just hang in there Ross." Ross said and kissed my head.  I nodded and opened up my book. I showed Mom the pictures I was drawing. 

"Is that Amy?" Mom asked me and I nodded. 

"I draw the family when I'm bored. She was the first person I ever drew." I smiled wiping another tear. "I have about nine songs about her but I've always been too afraid to show them to her. I need them to be perfect, like her." I paused shutting my book. 

I woke up again with Rocky poking my cheek with a pen.

"Did you hear anything?" I asked and wiped my chin. 

"No." Riker said. 

"But we were just talking a second ago about what you said yesterday during our break." Rocky said and I raised an eyebrow. 

"Huh?" I asked him.

"You said that you had spoken to Amy once she landed and she was fine." Rocky said and I gulped. 

"Yeah. So should she be fine?" Riker asked. 

"Boys, just let him rest." Mark said once we made it to our venue.

"Maybe it was the wrong flight." Ellington suggested and I shook my head. 

"No. It was definitely 2912. I'm born on the 19th of the 12th." I sighed and the bus driver parked the car. 

"I'm going to have a warm shower. I'll let you guys be." Savannah said leaving the bus with her backpack. a bunch of  screams were heard once the door opened. Savannah walked back  in. "Do the fans know?" Stormie shook her head. 

"They do. I sent out a tweet yesterday." I said. 

"Maybe we should cancel the show." Ryland suggested and Rydel made a small squeak. Agreeing. I looked out the window and saw the signs fans had made. 

"Stay Strong Rydel!"

"Praying for Amy and Dylan #R5Family"

"We're here for you Ross." 

I sighed and turned around. "I'm still going to perform if no one else wants to." I told them and rivers jaw dropped. "Are you sure?" Riker asked patting my shoulder. 

"Yep." I nodded. "Rydel, Ellington. You guys don't need to. But I need to distract myself. I can't let the fans downs." I said grabbing my back pack. I walked out of the bus carrying my guitar and stopped when I received a Twitter notification. 

____________________________________________________________________

Just a small filler-can't leave you guys hanging. 

Who do you think the Twitter notification is from?