23 | Bullied

23 | Bullied

"Before I end this press conference, I would like to confess something." My father says. Angus was standing by my father. I breathe in and breathe out from the back of the podium but hidden from the press. My heart is about to jump out of my chest.

Harry stood by me, in his suit and tie. "You're going to be fine." He says, reaching for my hands and giving them a light squeeze.

"I have a daughter." My father says and the whole room filled with gasps, chatters, and camera clicks. "I can't do this." I held onto Harry's sleeve. James looks my way and nodded. When he does, I felt Harry's hand on the small of my back.

"Don't overthink, okay? Just introduce yourself, like preschool." Harry flashes me an encouraging smile. I slowly nod and take a breath. Harry guides me to the podium, he stood on my right with his hands clasped behind him. He looking straight at everyone. He's so natural.

Meanwhile here I was, my fingers balled into a fist to stop them from shaking, my knees feel like jelly, I feel like i'm going to drop dead.

"Hello, everyone. My name is Mia Anderson. I hope you all will treat me nicely." I say, trying my best to hide the nervousness in my voice. People were calling for my attention to look at their camera.

Three reporters climbed on the podium and I hastily took two steps back and by reflex, Harry stands in front of me, extending his left hand keeping me behind him.

"MISS ANDERSON WHERE DID YOU STAY" "MISS ANDERSON WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT THIS" "MISS ANDERSON WHY WAS YOUR IDENTITY HIDDEN" "HOW DOES IT FEEL LIKE TO HIDE THROUGH THE PAST YEARS" "WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS NOW THAT YOU'RE KNOWN" "WHAT SCHOOL DO YOU GO TO" "ARE YOU HOME SCHOOLED EVER SINCE"

The lights are blinding me.

"Please respect my daughter's privacy and personal space, no more questions." James says.

My knees were still shaky as I stepped down the car. Harry laughs and I shot him a glare. James steps down from his car too and walks toward me. "You would have to get used to the media now. You will be on the front page of every news paper, and everyone will know your name." He says.

"You're flying back to Australia to continue studying, try to live a normal life." He gives me a sympathetic smile and gives my arm a squeeze. "How can I live a normal life knowing that someone is out there to get me?" I talk back.

"Because you also know that someone is out there protecting you." He says and I sigh. "Go in and rest. You have an early flight tomorrow."

Without a word, I walk inside and head straight to my room.

I see Calum on my way, he was reading some files and walking in the same time. I was about to say hi but I noticed something eagerly following behind him.

I bent down and clapped my hands. "Rocky, c'mere boy." I smiled and Rocky runs to me. Calum's attention drifted from the folder to me. "Hey." I tell him. He looks at me for a moment before walking past me.

"So you're going to ignore me forever?" I turned around pissed. He didn't turn to look at me, instead he kept walking and whistled. Rocky struggles out of my arms and jumps out running to Calum.

"Good boy, Rocky." Calum says and Rocky barks in what seems to me as approval. "Seriously?!" I complained, grunting as I made my way to the bedroom.

I thought that being the president's daughter would make others treat you differently in school, guess I was wrong.

Someone shoves my shoulder. "Because of you, we can't even hang by the benches in peace." A guy says. The girl beside him speaks, "They even bug us, asking us about you and stuff. I hate it." she sneers at me.