Welcome to my world- Chapter 17

-Dick's POV-

"Keep up Wonder Boy." Lexi joked as we climbed up the Greenhorn Mountains in California. I groaned, forcing my feet to go faster to keep pace with her.

"Why couldn't we just take a helicopter or something?"  I whined. 

"The same reason Batman doesn't put a neon sign in front of Wayne Manor that says BATCAVE THIS WAY. To a random person passing the school, it looks like an elite boarding school. But image if we had unsolicited air crafts flying around here. People would definitely get suspicious."  I groaned again as we continued our trek. The Rosethorn Academy was located at the heart of the mountain range, and from my calculations, we were almost there. Of course, my calculations had been wrong several times because the school generated its own energy to keep it off the grid, and my computer couldn't pick any signal up. I was going by coordinates the Lexi had estimated, which weren't accurate. 

"How do we even know where we're going?" 

"Just trust me, okay? It should be just over this next ridge." I sighed and followed silently behind her, discreetly checking her out from behind. God, my girlfriend was beautiful. I was so lost in my thoughts that I bumped into her. I hadn't noticed that she stopped.  "We're here." She said simply, looking down at the place where she had spent part of here two years away from me. 

The school was huge, with its intimidating looking brick walls and impressive stone walls surrounding the perimeter. The tall iron gate stood tall and strong. She was right. To the untrained eye, it looked like any other elite boarding school. But could see the high end security cameras, motion sensors, and about a million other things that most schools wouldn't have. 

"Ready Wonder Boy?"  she asked, her eyes glinting mischievously. 

"If you are." I replied confidently. 

"Put your shades on then, Wonder Boy. Camera surveillance starts at that tree over there." She pointed to a tree in front of us. 

"Okay, but why do I need them?"

"My mom knows about you."  She stated, causing my jaw to drop. "Or rather, she knows about me and my...extra curricular activities... I don't want to take the chance of her making the connection, which she definitely will. We use code names anyway... If she asks what your name is and we are in private, tell her Nightwing." 

"Why can't I just tell her? She is your mom.." 

"But she is also a CIA operative, and the government hates vigilantes which, no matter how many times you deny it, is what you are. It's what we are. I just don't want to take the chance. She wont turn me in, but I can't take a chance with you." I nodded, agreeing with her. "Come on then. Everyone is probably already here." We began our descend. It only took about thirty minutes and in no time at all, we stood at the gate entrance. Lexi walked up to the intercom system. 

There must have been cameras or motion sensors, because before she pressed anything, a voice blared through the speakers. "Who's there?" 

"One who knows the skills, keeps the secrets, and honors justice and truth." She answered automatically."I'm a Rosethorn sister." 

"Name?" the voice asked. 

"Alexia Starling Grant." She said.

"Level of clearance?" 

"Four." 

"And the other?" 

Lexi hesitated for a moment. "A friend." 

"What is their level of clearance?" 

"That's classified." There was silence on the other end for a moment, and then a new voice came back on.

"Proceed. And welcome home Alexia." 

Lexi smiled and took a step forward as the massive gates began opening. She grabbed my hand and dragged me onto the campus, seemingly unaffected by the heavy luggage that we were carrying. When we got to the large wooden front door of the mansion, we knocked the brass knob three times. It opened to reveal a tall, thin but lean woman with long black hair and eyes exactly like Lexi. The women, who was obviously her mother, grinned widely and swept up her daughter in a tight hug. Lexi's expression mirror'd her mothers. I smiled softly at them, silently wishing that I could hug my own mother like that, just one more time.

"Alexia, I'm so glad that you decided to come." The woman smiled. Then she turned to this. "And who might this be? It seems that we have a breach in security." 

"Nothing like that mom. He's my friend." Her mother eyed me, then our intertwined hands and shared a knowing look with her daughter. 

"Of course. It's nice to meet you. I'm Alexia's birth mother, Agent Nicole." She offered me a hand to shake, which I took politely. 

"It's a pleasure, Agent Nicole." I greeted, glancing at Lexi, who gave me a nod and a warning look. "Call me Nightwing." Her mother raised an eyebrow at this but did not question it. 

"Of course. Now, you two must be exhausted. Go up to the rooms that we have prepared for out alumni in the west wing of the mansion. When you're ready, feel free to wander to the school. We have a special activity planned for tomorrow morning." And with a smile at her daughter, she turned on her heel and walked away. "And... Nightwing?" She added, stopping. "I trust my daughters judgement. Don't disappoint." 

Now, I've faced some scary monsters and crazy villains, but the tone of this woman's voice terrified me. "Y-yes Agent Nicole. Of course." She gave me a smile and a firm nod before finally walking away. 

"Sooo...." Lexi said. 

"So... that's your mom..."  I said awkwardly. 

"Yeah.. sorry about her."  she sighed. 

"No, it's fine. She just... looks so much like you. It's scary." 

"Yeah, I guess she does." Lexi shrugged, motioning for me to follow her into the mansion. It was very ornately decorated, and looked like any other private school except for the fact that the bookshelves were lined with Spies through the Ages, Covert Operations for the Uncoordinated, and The Art of Marine Corps Martial Arts. Most school definitely do not have that.

She walked me through the empty halls into what I assumed was the west wing. We passed classrooms, but we were moving too quickly for me to see what was actually going on inside of them. When we reached the room we were staying in, Lexi said that she was going to have a shower. 

"When we're both cleaned up, I'll give you the tour." she promised, looking me over from where she was standing. "You definitely don't look whelmed." she joked. 

I laughed, nodding. "Yeah... I'm kind of over whelmed for once." 

She smiled and came forward, leaning over me as I was sitting on the bed in our room. She placed a light kiss on my lips, leaving me wanting more. "Welcome to my world, Wonder Boy." she whispered before going into the bathroom to shower. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIHIHIHIHIHIHI!!! HOPE U ENJOYED IT!!! COMMENT AND VOTEEEEE.