thirty-five

Luke kept his distance as Mae was taken back to a place she'd hoped to forget. He watched as her lips opened and closed, opened and closed, waiting for the words to spill out.

However, the moment her lips began to quiver and her body started to shake, he took the initiative to wrap his arms tightly around her torso, somehow holding her together before she fell apart right in front of him.

Tears soaked her cheeks as her lips told the tale of a boy who ruined her. A boy who she trusted with her heart only to have him crush it between his fingertips, the dust falling slowly to the floor underneath his boots.

He acted as though he would be there for her for as long as she wanted, but it appeared that he had a hidden motive unbeknownst to her.

He had made a bet with his idiotic friends that he could make a hopeless romantic fall hopelessly in love with him. He had made a bet that he would not only accomplish the prior, but he would also succeed in taking the one thing she should've saved for someone else -- her innocence.

She allowed him to have everything there was to her, and after him, she was nothing but a lost soul with an empty heart.

As Luke's ears listened to the cruel actions committed, he couldn't help but be angry with this supposed ex-boyfriend.

He wondered how someone could be so heartless toward someone as sweet and innocent as Mae. Although, the more he thought about it, he realized that the two things Mae was best known for were the two downfalls of her being.

She was taken advantage of as though she was a sheep and the guy was a blood thirsty lion.

Once she finished speaking, hiccups escaped from her throat as her arms hung lifeless at her sides. She couldn't hold in these facts, but once they had been let loose into the world, she wished desperately to have them back.

"I'm absolutely disgusted by whoever this guy is, and if I could I would do anything to make sure he pays for what he did to you, Mae," Luke said, smoothing down her hair.

A few sniffles erupted before Mae pulled back to look Luke in the eyes. She's almost sure that her eyes resemble that of a raccoon, but at the moment all she's concerned with is the emotion behind Luke's eyes.

Throughout the years, all she's been faced with are the dark brown eyes of a cryptic soul devising her downfall, but now she's accompanied by the baby blue eyes of a comforting soul accepting her flaws.

"I've been so worried to be in another relationship," Mae finally spoke up, bringing her constant sniffling to a halt, "that I can hardly think straight. Every guy that's ever tried to come close to me has been pushed away."

Luke's hand rubs her cheek soothingly as she continues the thoughts she's tried so hard to explain to the people she holds close to her, but unlike them, Luke is actually listening and comprehending.

"I knew it was a risk when I agreed to meet you at this concert, but it's honestly the best thing I've ever done."

"I'm grateful that you agreed, Mae, because I've been wanting to meet you ever since you first tweeted me."

Mae's eyes widened at his words, and she had to clarify one thing.

"When I first started tweeting you She's Kinda Hot lyrics? Or...," she trailed off as she thought back to the absolute first time she ever tweeted him.

A huge smile grew on his face and from that gesture alone she knew which one he was referring to.

"Oh god," she mumbled, her cheeks flushing to a very, very bright pink.

|-/

@maelynn: @Luke5SOS i love you so freaking much, Luke Robert Hemmings like you don't even understand. <3 <3 <3

ha! so even though it wasn't technically in the beginning of the story, up above is the glorious first ever tweet from Mae to Luke :3

so, all in all Mae's ex bf was a total douchey face and I don't like him :p

but that's okay cause muke forever

ilygsm
xoxo,
jules