Chapter 22

Amanda's POV

If you want to know who your father is, you will go to the Echo Caves and that's where you will find me. -A.P.

"A.P." I kept repeating the letters to myself.  I honestly don't know who this could be.  It could be Adam....but I think his last name is Robertson or something like that.  And this note isn't even specific. Like what time do I show up? But then again, time stands still here.  I'm guessing that I'm supposed to go to the Echo Caves tonight.

I guess I can go to the Echo Caves right now.  Who knows, maybe this A.P person will be there.  I have a really odd feeling about this, but this might actually give me a chance on finding out who my father is.  I really want to know who my father is and if there is an opportunity, I'll take it.

I opened and shut my door quietly, leaving the bedroom.  Hopefully Peter doesn't know I'm leaving.  Knowing Peter, he wouldn't approve of this.  He thinks that everything is a trap, but I don't care if this is a trap or not.  I turned my head scanning the living room and kitchen to see if Peter was present, but thank god he was not.  Probably sleeping in his room. I finally left the tree house and all the boys were in their tents, most likely asleep.  I heard nothing but silence as tip toed away from the camp.  Time to head to the Echo Caves.

~~~~~~~

After passing a few more trees, I made it to the outside of the Echo Caves.  Do I go inside??  A.P never made it clear whether to go inside the Echo Caves or wait outside.  I'll just go inside because it is so freaking cold outside.  When I entered, I was just surrounded by rock...and it was warm in here thank the lord. I could feel it getting warmer as I walked deeper into the cave. 

That's when I spotted a little light from the distance.  Not light from the sun, but light from a fire.  Walking towards it more and more, a little pit of fire was seen.  I approached the pit and placed my hands in front of the fire to warm up my hands.  This fire pit is quite handy.  But it couldn't have made the fire by itself.  Someone mustve made this pit.  Maybe it's the A.P guy...girl...person who made the it.

"I see you came." I heard a deep voice from my right.  Yep, it was definitely a guy.  But that voice...it sounded so familiar.  I recognized that voice from somewhere.  I turned my head and saw a face I didn't expect at all.

"Alexander?" I asked in shock.  Alexander.  Alexander, the lost boy who tried to help me that one day my leg got cut by dreamshade?  The lost boy who was so interested about birthmark?  I honestly almost forgot about him.  We never really talked at all after he helped me that day.  "Your'e the one who made the note?"

"It was about time you knew about your father." He replied looking a little nervous, but I was a little nervous myself.

"Uh y-yeah." I stuttered.  Why was I so nervous?  It's just Alexander.

"Maybe we should sit down." I nodded in response and we both sat down on the hard rock floor.

"Okay so what do you wanna know?" He asked.

"Everything.  I want to know who he is.  I want to know why he killed my mom.  I want to know why he gave up on me.  Everything."  I probably sounded like a maniac...but can you blame me?  I mean come on, who wouldn't want to know who their father is.

"Okay, I'll just tell you the whole story."  Alexander paused for a moment.  "His name was Scott.  Scott Phillips.  I believe he was 19 at the time when your mother, Kathy, died.  He loved your mother very much, but they had their problems.  One problem was that your mother had you at 18.  Kathy was disappointed, but yet happy, that she had a child.  She knew that you would get in the way of her dream job, but she shoved it off to care for you.  Scott cared about you too, but he couldn't handle it.  He wanted to have a good future and he wasn't gonna let you get in the way.  He felt that leaving Kathy would just be best because he thought he was never meant to be a father."

I breathed heavily hearing the story.  It was just so much to take in.  But I needed to keep myself under control.  "Okay, c-continue." I stuttered once more.

"Well the day he finally told Kathy he would leave her, Kathy was very upset.  Scott was drunk at the time and he was very aggressive whenever he was drunk.  He beat Kathy.  He felt terrible, but he couldn't control himself.  He let out all his anger on her.  But, he never killed Kathy.  Someone else did.  Scott found Kathy's body the day after.  She was face down in the tub full of water.  When he examined her body, he saw that she had been stabbed.  He couldn't bare to see her dead.  He was so angry at himself and was just overall sad and heartbroken. 

He needed to leave the house, and he knew that he couldn't just leave you there, so he took you with him.  All Scott could think is of what he would do with you.  He couldn't just raise you by himself.  Scott was homeless now and didn't know how to care for a child without Kathy.  He thought it would be best to hand you to the orphanage because you would be better off there."

My eyes started to water, but no tear escaped.  Scott didn't kill my mom.  I was so relieved that Scott didn't kill her, but yet I was so angry.  Someone had killed her.  And me hearing what my father went through, just made me emotional.  My father went through a lot.  But wait, how did Alexander know so much about my father?

"How do you know so much about my father?" I furrowed my brows.

"I knew him." He simply stated with no emotion.

"How?"

"You see, after he gave you to the orphanage, he had no where else to go.  He would just stay in the woods.  But one day, a shadow came to him and the shadow took him to Neverland.  Neverland became his new home and he became a lost boy.  Him and I were close friends and he told me the whole story."

"W-Wait, he was a lost boy?  Is he still a lost boy?  Is he here??!"  I asked way too fast.

Alexander let out a deep breath, looking down.  "No I'm afraid not." 

"Then where is he then?  What happened to him?"

"He's.....dead." Alexander finally faced me with a distressed look.  Tears finally escaped my eyes and I instantly wiped them off.  I thought I would have a chance to see my father, but he's dead.

"How did he die?"

"He got drowned by mermaids." 

"Oh." Huh.  And to think I could've died the same way.  Luckily Peter was able to save me the day I almost drowned.  Wait, why am I thinking of Peter right now?!  Stay focused Amanda!

"Uh well, I really think we should go back.  We don't want Peter catching us." I said standing up. Alexander nodded and stood up as well. "Well uh, thank you Alexander for letting me know about..everything. I really appreciate it." I awkwardly smiled at him. "No problem." He replied with a small smile. "You know Scott really did care about you." He added.  I nodded in response and began walking to leave the cave.

"Aren't you coming?"  I turned around to ask Alexander.

"Uh no I'm just gonna stay in this cave for a while.  It's quite cozy."  We both laughed.

"Okay then.  Once again, thank you for everything." 

Alexander gives me a sweet smile and nods.  But as I'm about to walk away, he stops me.

"Wait, can I tell you one more thing?" He questioned.

"Yeah of course." I turned back at him sitting in front of the fire.

He looked up at me with a bit of concern.  "Be careful."

"Careful?  Careful of what?"

"You know, Pan."  Pan?  As in, Be careful of Peter Pan?  What should I be careful about?

"Oh, w-why do you say that?" I asked befuddled.

"Because I have a feeling....that he is up to no good."

A/N:  So it's Alexander who made the note!!!  If you guys forgot who he is, he was in Chapter 12.  He was the guy who wrapped leaves around Amanda's cut. Also, thank you for 1k reads!
- K