0.3

3. If a girl breaks your heart, it's okay to cry.

.

August 8, 2015. Age ; 17

I was planning on having a great birthday. With everything going well in my life, I thought it was a good time to ask the girl of my dreams to finally be my girlfriend. I've liked (more like loved) her for months now, and yeah, we've been friends for a while -- we met through Audrey, of course.

Audrey was over, actually, getting things ready. I was going to ask Allison if she wanted to hang out, get ice cream, and then I would drop her off at her house after. Audrey had practically planned the entire thing, considering my idea of a date was ordering a pizza and sitting on my roof, but apparently that was "unacceptable".

"Come on! You've got to wear something better than.. that." Audrey said, gesturing to my outfit.

"What? I think it looks nice!" I defended, "It's what I always wear."

She rolled her eyes, "Uh, no it isn't. Those are sweatpants."

"Joggers." I corrected, "They're-"

"Still sweatpants, just put on your typical black jeans and black or grey tee. Allison will be here any minute!" She shooed, "If you're really that bad, I'll pick-"

"Oh pretty please pick my outfit, Audrey! I love when you do that." I laughed, "But seriously, please."

Audrey just laughed, walking up the stairs and into my room where she opened my closet and started throwing things everywhere.

"What are you doing?! My room is gonna be a mess!"

"Shh! It's fashion."

About five minutes later I was wearing an 'Audrey Original', complete with a grey pocket tee with a black pocket, black jeans, and my usual shoes.

"Wait! Wear these." She said, pulling out my pair of old beat-up black vans. "Bring these back."

I nodded, grabbing my old loves into my large hands, and slipping them on. The feel of them was still the same, and they were still as comfortable as I remembered.

Allison texted me saying she would be here in 10 minutes, meaning Audrey needed to get out of here and go home. "Aud! You gotta go! Allison is on her way." I shouted, as she had walked down the stairs. "Audrey?"

I looked out my window and saw her pulling out of my driveway, waving and then driving away. I sighed in relief, realizing Allison would never know and think that Audrey and I were anything more than best friends -- which we weren't.

Allison finally arrived, she didn't want to drive, therefore her brother dropped her off. I hugged her, then walked inside. "So hey, I was thinking we could go get some ice cream and then hang out after?"

She nodded, "Sounds fun!"

We walked back out the door, I jogged to the passenger's side door to open it as she sat down, and then I quickly ran to my side of the car. Driving there was silent, her fingertips flying across the screen of her gold iPhone 6. I took quick glances, as she was still on her phone.