Chapter 32

"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew." - William Shakespeare

XXXII.

Seijuro.

The clear view and the dim light of the moon fitted perfectly for the event. A usual party, my 17th birthday party to be exact, was complete with guests my father fully had associations with.

The lively music suits the sublime and serene residence, I hear nothing but the usual things that would come out of their lips; business.

Some may even approach, greet and try to make a casual conversation with me. Flirt even.

My eyes roamed around the area and my lips twitched up into a smirk when they stopped onto a familiar figure. Ah, I know this man. Father once attempted to arrange me with his sole daughter. I gave it chance - I gave them a chance and I tried to get to know the fine young lady a little longer. But she was the complete opposite of the girl that was in my standards... A girl with dignity.

The complete opposite of Yurika.

The thought of what happened earlier made my smirk stretch even more. And I was sure I look like a mad man smiling to himself.

I glanced at my wristwatch and it was past midnight. I wasted my precious time for 4 straight hours already. I guess I had done enough.

The party that other people call sublime, was tedious to me anyway.

I usually enjoyed my birthdays because I had my picture perfect family. But then fate took the picture off the frame and torn my mother out of it.

I ran my fingers through my hair as a sigh escaped my lips. Then I just found myself walking away from the enormous room, my feet that was kissing the same ground for hours, seem to finally have a destination.

I wonder how is she doing at the moment?

But then, my feet abruptly came into a halt as I heard a sound erupted from the music room. A melody I was very familiar of. A gentle smile crept to my lips as she got a note wrong but nonetheless, I guess that precious melody was familiar to her as well.

Yuri.

A sigh escaped my lips as I pressed a key wrong. Why do I always find myself playing that certain piano piece over and over again?

Reo locked the door behind him then pulled me out in a tight motherly hug once again.

"I can't stay for long, Yuri-chan," He mumbled against my hair. "I just wanna ask you something."

I let out a small smile as I saw Reo's reaction to my statements. Is it really that shocking?

I can faintly hear the sound of the instruments from here and I remembered Akashi-kun once again. And remembering him means also remembering what we did earlier. The passionate kiss we shared earlier...

I felt my cheeks heat up at the memory and my finger automatically went up to my face to trace my lips. I bit my lower lip and buried my face on the keys, creating an unusual sound.

Akashi-kun's party was at full blast and it also seem exciting. I just wish that... I could join the elegant party as well.

But what can I do? I could only sit in here alone and play the piano.

I sighed and cracked my fingers then positioned them once again on the keys. I took a deep breath as I decided to play Ice by Brian Crain. I closed my eyes then got lost in those sea of deep melody.