Chapter 43- Take my breath away

"Thank goodness." Harper smiled, resting her hand against her forehead as if she was about to faint. James grinned, cocking his eyebrow. "What?" As he watched her approach his desk placing down his coffee cup down.

"I'm glad your hair colour is back...and eyes." She said. James chuckled as he placed down a document and gestured his finger towards her to come near him. Harper bit her lip unable to stop smiling as she slowly walked around the desk before he grabbed her wrist pulling her onto his lap. "And what blonde doesn't suit me?" He teased. James watched as the woman before him blushed, a sight he loved, to know he had the effect on her and she should know the effect she had on him, the yearning downstairs, from just her body softly pressed against him.

"Hmmmmm." He purred. "You smell so nice." As his nose nuzzled upon her collarbone, the smell of coconut lingering within his nostrils. Harper squealed as she felt his tongue flicker upon her skin that she struggled in delight to jump off his lap as he held her only tighter. "You wouldn't escape even if you wanted to, Miss Daniels" He muttered. Harper turned to face him, bringing her hand to his face as she caressed his jawline admiring the beauty of this man. "I know." Were all her words as she wrapped her arms around his neck, the tantalizing scent of his cologne upon him. James closed his eyes for a moment, surrendering to the comfort of his heart beating faster and the radiance of how his breath hitched every time she was near him. Harper who had her eyes closed too, peeked through her one eye, a mischievous grin forming on her lips as in sudden she blurted. "But I can try." Her hand trailing to his shirt as she squeezed, causing James to yelp as she jumped off his lap.

"You pinched my nipple!" He groaned, standing up as Harper scurried around to the other side of his desk, smirking towards him. James' lip curled. "My turn."

"What!" Harper exclaimed, giggling as she circled around the desk as James stalked after her. "Its only fair." He declared, grinning as he edged closer.

James was a step away when he groaned as his phone began ringing. "You should answer that." Harper smirked as she opened the door escaping this time. James smiled to himself shaking his head as he answered his phone.

Harper got straight to her work, feeling rather guilty for the time she was spending with James rather than actually working for her pay check. That couldn't stop the smile upon her lips as she began scheduling his meetings into the correct allocated slots.

The telephone upon her desk rang and as she answered, reception downstairs informed her they had sent someone upstairs requesting permission to see Mr Brewer. Harper kept brief eye contact on the lifts before they eventually opened and a very beautiful woman exited, her auburn curls bouncing upon her shoulders and slender toned legs walked towards Harper.

"May I help you?" Harper said, politely smiling.

"James Brewer." Were her only words, nothing but a grim expression as she looked elsewhere. Harper nodded. "One moment please." Before pressing the intercom. "Mr Brewer. You have a visitor."

"Send her in." James answered. How did he even know she was female, she didn't hint anything, was he expecting her. Harper couldn't help to feel envy, her looks compared to Harper's were on a entirely different scale and that feeling she didn't like to think of arose, why would James consider Harper as attractive? The woman walked straight on opening the door, the door following behind fuelling Harper's curiosity.

She was becoming more paranoid by the second, her eyes flickering to the clock upon the wall. They had been in there for half hour. She had to resist from not going with a glass to the door and listening in however that would be just damaging his own rights to privacy. Harper sighed, why was she even fussing? Worrying? It was not like he was taking that woman openly onto his desk. He had proved enough to her that she could trust him. Why was she even stressing if he did? Its not like they've settled on what their relationship is?