Fine Specimens

As I would be making my own way back home I had to travel like a muggle. So I finally arrived in France a couple of hours later and met my family, who were waiting for me.

I smiled happily when I saw my mother, father and little brother all waiting for me. I'd missed them so much, so I started running towards them, which was rather awkward as I was holding my school trunk and Merlin in his cage. 

I put down my trunk and Merlin and hugged my parents and little brother for a long while. 

"I missed you all so much!" I said.

"We all missed you too, darling," my mum said.

"It'th been ageth Thcarlett, I mithed you tho much," my little brother brother, Regan said, hugging my waist tightly. 

"Aww Regan, I missed you too little bro," I smiled, and got on my knees so I was on the same level as him, "So what have you been up to, while I've been at Hogwarts?" 

"I've been learning to fly on my broomthtick that dad got me, it'th tho much fun Thcarlett! You have to play Quidditch with me!" he told me excitedly. Obviously with just me, him and dad we couldn't play a proper game of Quidditch but we had come up with our own version that would work with us. My mother, was terrified of heights, and so joining our game wouldn't be an option for her.

"I promise I will," I stood up, and saw that my mum had taken Merlin and my dad, my trunk.

When Regan noticed Merlin, he started jumping up and down excitedly.

"You have a new owl! What's it called? What's it called?" he asked.

"Merlin," I said grinning.

He walked over to Merlin, and took out his hand expectantly. 

"Hello Merlin, nithe to meet you. My name ith Regan," He said seriously, but I was just laughing. My brother had turned out to be just as bonkers as I was.

My mum just smiled, she was used to all our crazy antics. Merlin made some interesting owl noise while Regan tried to play with him. We reached our car and drove home, while Regan decided to bombard me with questions about Hogwarts, which my parents joined slowly after.

We finally arrived at home and I felt a pang of nostalgia. I immediately ran in, all the way up the stairs and into my room.

"Honey, I'm back!" I cried and launched myself into the arms of my very loving husband - I mean bed, "I'm so sorry, you must have been so lonely without me. I can only imagine how difficult it was without me here to sleep with you every night, and to care for you, but don't worry, I'm here for a week and I'll take gooood care of you." I nestled myself deeper into my bed, my arms and legs sprawled all over my bed.

After a few more minutes of embracing my lovely hu- bed, I stood up and looked at the rest of my room. I walked to my wardrobe, and stroked it.

"It was really difficult without you, I had such a small wardrobe in my dorm and it was nowhere near as good-looking as you are." I then walked to my bookcase, admiring the novels I had read so many times. It was my pride and joy. 

I headed to the living room, and stroked and whispered sweet nothings into the ears of my loved ones - I mean various pieces of furniture that I was rather attached to - which included the fridge, the biscuit tin, the nutella, and the recline.

The days passed rather quickly when I was with my family, as we were constantly having fun, making jokes and going out. Regan, my father and I spent a lot of time flying in the garden. Regan was still learning, but he kept boasting about his abilities, since I had been nice and let him win a few times.