||Fifteen||

I apologize in advance.
---
The door opened, and I stepped inside Jake's dorm room.

"I'm sorry," I said.

It was cold in his room, like it was outside, winter was definitely on its way and it'd started to show its signs.

"For what?" Jake asked.

"You know," I said impatiently. "For last night. When I...pushed you away."

He sat down on his bed, his hands linked together as he stared down at them like they held the answers to all the questions he ever had.

"Are you over Devin?"

I almost chocked on my saliva. "Are you effing kidding me?"

He shrugged and looked up at me with a defeated look on his face. "I had to ask."

"No," I spat. "You shouldn't have to if you knew how I felt."

"What was I supposed to think?" he bit back just as bitterly as I had. "You pushed me away from you like I had some contagious disease."

I shook my head. "No. I didn't mean to."

"Then what happened?"

"I don't know!" I yelled, then ran my fingers through my hair painfully.

Jake stared at me silently, slowly watching me become insane by the sidelines.

Then he stood up, walked over to me, and rested his hand of my cheek.

I closed my eyes at his touch, my heart thudding in my ears. Finally, my shoulders relaxed and I managed to open my eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Me, too."

Slowly, I stood on the tip of my toes and tilted my chin up.

"Are you going to kiss me now?" Jake asked.

"Do you want me to?"

"Yeah," he whispered, his eyes glazing over as he stared down at my lips.

I smiled a little and gently pressed my lips against his, my hands moving up behind his neck, pushing him closer against me as he kissed me back.

"C'mon," he said when he pulled back.

I frowned.

"You can do better than that," he elaborated.

I smirked. "Challenge accepted."

Jake took a few steps back. "Now you can start over."

I walked closer and closer to him until I had my hand on his chest, my skin on the soft material of his t-shirt, and pushed him back until the back his legs hit his mattress.

He stared at me in surprise, his lips a couple of centimeters apart, while his eyes scorched into my  skin with a look similar to hunger. Then he lowered himself onto his bed, his arm hooked comfortably around my hips as he pulled me along with him.

Somehow, being the klutz that I was, I managed to fall against his chest, my hand reaching out to stop my face from crashing against him just in time, releasing a nervous laugh.

Jake grinned up at me. "Where's your control, Nate?"

My competitive side flared up, and I finally decided to do something. My hands were on either side of his head as I parted his legs with one of my own. His eyes snapped up to meet mine and I shot him a quick smirk before crashing my lips on his, my stomach twisting with fear and excitement.

Jake  arched his back at the impact, his hand trailing up from my waist to the back of my neck as he tried to fight dominance. But I wouldn't let him win. I managed to bite his lower lip, tugging it down, causing Jake to part his lips in surprise, although without emitting any sound.