Chapter 9

"So keep all sorts of pressure away from the injury for about a week and you'll be good to go. You are actually healing very fast, its amazing." Dr. Hawkins told me with a reassuring smile. I looked at my arm that had been put into a fresh cast after the doctor cut off the old one to inspect my arm.
He got up and packed his stuff and Latifah escorted him out.

I already took my bath, which was extremely hard with just one hand, and changed into some fresh clothes, that Latifah provided for me, which wasn't easy either.
I looked on the bedside table and picked up my half eaten breakfast. Bacon, sausage, eggs and toast. I had my breakfast in my room instead of downstairs at the dining table because I seriously wanted to avoid some people and Latifah understood completely.

I only drank my tea and ate the toast and a bit of the Bacon and eggs. I'm not a big fan of sausages. I placed the plate with my leftovers on the tray and took the tray in my right hand and walked to the door. I gently used my left hand to turn the door knob and open the door. Once I got it open I used my foot to completely kick it open and step out.

I slowly made my way down the stairs careful not to drop the tray, otherwise Damon would blow a gasket.
When I got to the bottom of the stairs I took my time to really admire the home decor. White walls with beautiful paintings and pictures on them, some family photos, I think, a beautiful beige carpet covering the floor of the staircase, the living room and the upstairs hallway, a huge beautiful chandelier hanging from the ceiling, curtains with fine embroidery covering the windows. Even the ceiling was engraved with beautiful patterns.

I was slowly walking towards the kitchen when I stopped at the living room. On the beautiful cream couch sat Damon, still in his pajama bottoms.
That blonde bimbo, Cassandra, in only an oversized shirt, straddling him on the couch, kissing him.

She had her hands around his neck pulling him closer and his hands were on her hips holding her in place. I really don't know what happened to me but something inside me broke. I didn't know I had let go of the tray until it fell to the ground, the ceramic cup and the plate shattering on impact with the bare floor.

Damon snapped his head towards me whilst Cassandra slowly turned to me, a smirk appearing on her swollen kissed lips. Damon looked at me with an expressionless face but he seemed to be getting angry as he kept looking at the shattered china between my feet.

"If you don't have anything better to do than to rudely stare at us you could clean the mess you've made on the floor." Cassandra spoke up.

If I say I wasn't hurt, I'd be the biggest liar, and what was even worse is that they were in the same position I'd caught them in. As if what they were doing was completely normal.
But then again it was.

He doesn't want me as a mate and he is clearly okay with the girl on his lap.
And it frustrated me that I was even feeling this way for someone I hardly knew. It wasn't right, and yet still that's exactly what I felt.

Doing my best to keep my tears at bay, I slowly knelt down and started picking the broken pieces and placing them on the tray. Once I was done I shakily got up, but I avoided eye contact.

"Alpha, Luna." I nodded and went to the kitchen to dump the broken pieces in the trash. I shut my eyes and took a deep breath.

I don't even like him, I shouldn't shed tears for that evil bastard.
Why, why? Of all the people out there why did it have to be him? Moon goddess what did I ever do to you?

I quickly washed the tray and put it down and rushed back upstairs to my room, or the room I was staying in, hoping not to see them again. I shut the door and crawled up the bed and leaned my back against the headboard.