Chapter 21

Renae,

School was almost over, the more I think about it made me shiver. August was going out of town for his college and so was I. Prom was almost here and I was honestly nervous about going. Exactly two more months before I graduate. I was sitting in class, lightly tapping my pencil. My other hand was under my chin since I had my chin on my fist just listening to the teacher.

"There are different types of degrees you can earn but it has to be in a certain order." He said. I was zoned out but listening at the same time. My phone vibrated on my lap making me jump.

I'm so bored ~My bae.

I chuckled looking up making sure the teacher wasn't looking before typing.

Pay attention. You might need this type of education~ me.

I can't pay attention when I see your pretty ass over there~ My bae.

I blushed looking at his message. I looked up seeing him looking at me.

"Is there something interesting Ms. Star and Mr. Alsina " the teacher said making everyone pay attention to us.

"maybe" august said. I wanted to laugh but i didn't.

"well the class wants to hear it" he said. august rolled his eyes before looking at me.

"I didn't know it was such a crime to look at my beautiful girlfriend" august said winking at me. i smiled as the girls in our class were talking about me and august relationship.

"it's not a crime but please pay attention" he said. we nodded and he continued with his lesson

Almost got us in trouble ~ me

Well you was the one smiling like a creep ⊙ω⊙ ~My bae

Lol shut up august. Now pay attention.~Me

Okay mom~ My bae

I didn't text back afterwards. I just paid attention to the teacher.
---------------

"So have august ask you to go to the prom with him yet." Jasmine asked as she took a bite out of her pizza.

"Nope not yet. I know he wants to go but im still nervous to go if we do" I said swirling my straw.

"Yeah I know. Chris actually asked me" she said. I squealed.

"I'm happy for you." I said

"I know but it wouldn't be the same if my Bestie wasn't there with Me" she said sighing. I see what she trying to do.

"Stop it. I'll go damn" I said. She chuckled smiling.

"Good thing I convinced you on the first try." She said. I laughed.

"What y'all laughing about over here" Chris asked as they sat down.

"Girl stuff. You wouldn't understand" I said. Jasmine highfived me laughing. I chuckled as they looked at me.

"Am I missing something" august asked. Chris looked at the both of us.

"Oh shit I know what it is." Chris said.

"What is it" I asked.

"Its boy stuff you wouldn't understand" he mocked. I playfully rolled my eyes as he whispered it to august. He looked at me and I looked at jasmine ad she looked at Chris.

"I'll handle that after school. Even if she don't know what I'm talking about" august said.

"Okay I don't like being lost so can someone fill me in" I said. The boys chuckled while me and jasmine looked at each other. I squinted my at them before before looking at jasmine.

"Oh you'll be surprised renae" Chris said laughing.

"Ugh shut up Chris" I said. He chuckled as him and august whispered about stuff that I wanted to know about..
---------------
It was study hall and I was going to my car with jasmine on my side. We was talking about random things while walking. I saw a crowd of girls & boys leaning against the wall.

"Hey why all these people out here" Jas asked. I shrugged like I knew.

"You're crazy and I'm out of my mind" I heard an familiar voice sing. I looked at jasmine as she looked at me. We both turned around at the same time seeing august singing. I covered my mouth

"Cause all of me, Loves all of you, Love your curves and all your edges, All your perfect imperfections, Give your all to me, I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning, Even when I lose I'm winning" he singed stopping in front of me. The song fit us perfectly if you ask me.He grabbed my hands kissing them. He snapped at someone and they pulled up a sign. I looked at it.

"Will you go to prom with me" It said. He must've planned this. I looked at august as he held out flowers. I nodded and he smiled kissing my cheek.

"So um were you planning this" jasmine asked.

"Yea for weeks actually" he said as we got to my car.

"Alright I'll see you later then renae. Nice voice august" she said walking back to the building. I looked at august and smiled.

"You remember my favorite flowers" I said looking at the tiger lilies.

"I wouldn't forget. I know your not that much of a fan of roses" he said.

"You know me so well" I said popping my trunk.

"You know I actually heard you and jasmine talking about prom." he said. I looked back at him and smirked.

"Is that why you asked me" I questioned grabbing my bag and turning around. He grabbed my waist.

"Nah I actually wanted to go this year with my girlfriend instead of my friends" he said. I smiled.

"You sound whipped august" I said laughing. He chuckled

"So are you" he said.

"Whatever" I said as we walked back to school.

"You went all out for just asking me" I said.

"This is something we are going to remember for the rest of our lives. I didn't want it to be original" he said. I smiled leaning my head on his shoulder. This is probably my first time going to prom with someone who makes me happy. August Anthony Alsina you are something else.