The Worlds Greatest Pull Out Gamer

A/N: I have one quick announcement before you read this chapter.

Read each and every single word carefully because if you don't, the meaning of the entire chapter might totally escape and this will be pointless later on. I know this might seem really fast paced, but trust me, it's definitely needed.

I stared up at the ceiling in Angelo's mother's home and desperately tried to find some form of sleep, but not even the smallest hint of even a cat nap was anywhere in the near future. I had insomnia, but worse than that was my anxious mind.

What if Mr. D'Amico found out that I was something to Angelo before we had a chance to guarantee my safety? Was getting married even going to do that? Angelo's said so himself that Mr. D'Amico has killed more people than I've even met. Who's to say a dumb piece of paper with both of our names on it would stop him from coming after me?

I wasn't guaranteed safety and that's what scared me.

I let out a low groan and tangled my fingers into my hair. I wanted to scream, but I didn't want to wake the whole house up.

There was shuffling coming from the floor underneath me. Once again I had claimed the couch and Angelo was forced to sleep on the floor. And again he took my blanket, so I guess we were even. Angelo sat up, ran his hand through his dark hair to get the straggling pieces out of his eyes, and then looked at me, "What's wrong?" He asked, his voice thick with sleep.

I shook my head and looked away from him, back towards the ceiling, "Nothing."

"Are you coming down here or am I going up there?" He asked. I didn't understand his question and before I could ask him what the hell he was talking about, his arms scooped me up and pulled me carefully onto the floor next to him. "It's ok. There wasn't enough room up there for both of us anyways." He tucked a strand of hair that had fallen into my face behind my ear as I tried to get comfortable on the hardwood floor. Impossible. "What's wrong, Chloe?"

I gave him the look. The look that anyone who knows me would understand instantly. It meant I was annoyed and ready to kill someone if they bugged me again. Angelo could've known that, but he wouldn't have listened because in all honesty, who the hell is afraid of a hamster in his position!? "I. Am. Scared," I said angrily while reaching for his woolen blanket and throwing it over my own body. It wasn't big enough for the both of us. "What if it doesn't get done in time and I get killed?"

Angelo sighed and pulled me even closer to him, if that was possible, "Don't worry, criceto. It may not seem like it now, but everything will be just fine. We'll stay out of his radar these next few days and get done what has to be done. It'll be like we're not even here."

I was about to open my mouth to protest, but the sound of the floor creaking stopped me. I turned my head to the side to see Dominica walking towards us, "You guys are loud," she said while taking a seat on the couch I had been trying to rest on moments ago. "I overheard almost all of what you were saying. Dad's back? And he wants to kill Chloe? Am I right?"

"Dominica-"

"Shh!" She cut Angelo off, "If dad wants Chloe dead, then we both know he's not going to stop until she is. I know how you can save her."

"Oh really?" Angelo seemed way too amused for the conversation at hand, "How?"

"Marry her. That's a commandment, isn't it? Thou shalt not hurt another's wife. He can't kill her and get away with it if someone in the mafia marries her. Especially if she has our name. He wouldn't kill family. Blood or not."

"Already one step ahead of you. Now go back to bed, you pest."

"Fine. I might have to stop by mama's room though and tell her. She'll want a big wedding with lots of food and family and friends there."

"It's not going to be big, now go!" He snapped and helped usher her off the couch. She disappeared down the hallway and back into her own room.

"Is it even going to be a normal wedding?" I asked, "Or is it just going to be a sad trip to the courthouse?"

Angelo looked at me, almost as if he was totally confused, "Why do I get a weird feeling that you want a real and, mind you, dangerous wedding?"

"Because I'm a girl?" I made it sound like a question on complete accident. "What if I only get married once and it's a terrible memory because I just had to sign some stupid paper in front of a judge?"

The noise that he made was indescribable. He sounded flustered though, "I'll see what I can do. I'm not making any promises though."

I nodded and turned slightly just as he did, our faces were now only a few inches apart, if that, "Angelo?" I said, my lips now hovering over his own.

"Yes?"

"I think I have an even better idea. Well, it's an add on to getting married anyway."

"Oh really?" And once again, he sounded way too amused.

I nodded before crashing my lips onto his.

+
+

I woke up to the best smell and the sound of something being cooked in the kitchen. Oh and I can't forget about the people who were talking oh so very loudly in their native language.

Italians.

I was really cold, near hypothermia in my book. Maybe that was a little bit of an exaggeration, but who needed to know that?

I looked around the small living room for my shirt and leggings. This was probably the smallest living room I've ever been in, so the search shouldn't have been that hard, but it was because my clothes were nowhere to be seen.

There was a white dress laying out on the coffee table. It pretty much matched the dress I had to wear home last time I was here, except that one was blue. I made sure my blanket was around me securely before slowly standing up, careful as to not further irritate that soreness between my legs.

I snatched the stupid dress off the coffee table and headed down the hallway to a bathroom. I changed into the dress quickly before exiting the room and making my way over to the kitchen where everyone else was. Are they morning people or what?

I go with yes. Yes they are morning people. I, however; am not and I never will be.

"Hey Chloe," Dominica greeted as I walked into the kitchen.

I waved tiredly at her and then sat down in the chair next to Angelo. I got really close so that whispering in his ear would be easy, "Where did you put my clothes?"

He gave me a dumb look, "Why is it always my fault when your stuff turns up missing? I swear to God almighty that I didn't take anything...this time. The dress looks nice though."

"Mmhmm...I know."

"So mama says she thinks there's going to be a new baby D'Amico in the family soon," Dominica said.

Angelo and I gave each other weird looks, "From whom?" He asked, "Lorenzo is the only eligible candidate."

Now Dominica turned to her mom and said something to her. Gianna rolled her eyes and proceeded to eat some pastry that was on her plate. It looked and smelled good. "I don't know about that," Dominica said.

"His pull out game is too good," I muttered under my breath before taking a chunk off of Angelo's breakfast pastry.

My plan was ruined.

-----------

Edited: 1-30-17

The sex scene for this chapter was added in another chapter at the end of the story if you want to go read it.