Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The sunlight streamed into my room, so bright I could sense it with my eyes closed. I slowly cracked my eyes open and found myself gazing at the ceiling of my room back home. I shot up immediately, wondering how I got here.

The door creaked open and I immediately growled. My brother came in, dressed in only a pair of sweatpants, his usual night time attire. My already battered heart began to beat erratically. "Did Logan send me back?" I asked in a quiet voice, my heart breaking all over again at the thought of our mate throwing us away. I know he told me that he didn't want me, and that might be true, but I wanted him, no matter how much of an asshole he was to me yesterday.

Everything has a reason, even his crappy behaviour and I plan to find out all about that reason, even if it would probably hurt me every time I'm around him. Anyway, that's what mates do right? They help each other and in my opinion, my mate seriously needed my help.

My brother chuckled softly, completely oblivious to my inner turmoil. He shook his head as his laughter died down. "No, Chels, this is a dream... Can't you tell?" He asked, gesturing to me. I looked down and despite everything, laughed.

Jake had dressed me up. I knew that for a fact, because I would never dream something like this up for myself. I was dressed in a clown outfit, an incredibly ugly clown outfit. My shirt was rainbow coloured and had the word 'clown' written over it. My pants were a painfully bright, neon blue colour. I slipped out of bed and spotted the oversized green Converse on my feet that were probably meant to be my clown shoes. I reached up to brush my face and found it wet. I pulled back and saw smudges of white and red make up. I slowly reached up with a horrified expression and my hand made contact with a curly afro.

I rushed to my dream bathroom and looked in the mirror. My make up was smudged from when I had wiped my face earlier; the huge red lips painted on the bottom of my face now smudged all the way up to my eye on one side. The afro wig was huge and purple. "The mind link is wasted on idiots like you." I said simply, stomping back into the room, my clown shoes making slapping sounds as I walked.

Jake was bent over and was clutching his stomach as he laughed at me. I crossed my arms and gave him an annoyed face. Just then an idea came to me.

"You should join in the fun, Jake." I said as I smirked. I imagined him in a pink dress and sure enough, it popped onto him. The moment he spotted it, he immediately stopped laughing. I placed a long blonde wig with curly hair on his head and a thick layer of make up on his horror-filled face.

He hurried over to my bathroom and jumped back when he saw his reflection. When he did, he fell to the floor, tripping over the baby pink heels I just put him in. He turned to me. "Chels, what the hell?! I look like Hello Kitty threw up on me!" He said as he tried to stand up and failed, tumbling into the bathtub. He looked down at the shoes with hate clear in his eyes. "How do girls walk around in these? They hurt like hell!" He complained as he tried to stand again. His eyes widened as he pulled the top of his dress away and gazed in, his eyes somehow widening further. "You put me in a bra?!" He yelled, as he managed to stalk, wobbly, out of the bathroom.

I was rolling on the floor, my sides aching from all my laughing. I managed to stop laughing for a second. Just enough to choke out, "I didn't want your boobs to sag, they're bigger than mine!" before I began laughing again. He walked over to me and picked me up. Before I could do anything, he tossed me down on the bed hard, making me bounce up and down a few times.

I barely had time to move out of the way before he jumped into it beside me. When our laughter finally ceased he gave me a hug, which was pretty weird as I could feel the bra I had put him in. "They're not boobs, they're muscles." I heard him whisper to himself defiantly as he rubbed his chest.

"So Jake. Why did you pull me into the incredibly weird dream?" I asked, sitting up. He followed suit.

"I know it's only been a few hours, but I was worried. How are you doing?" I shrugged and forced a smile onto my face.

"Fine, everything's good. I have my own room and the house has many rooms to explore." I said with fake enthusiasm. I made sure to block my emotions from him, so he couldn't sense the agony as well as irritation and frustration that filled me at the thought of what had happened at that house yesterday.

Jake nodded. "That's good. But, shouldn't you share a room with Logan?" He asked, a little hesitantly. His cheeks reddened slightly as he asked. He cleared his throat. "Isn't that something mates um, do?" He asked, scratching his blonde wig, the red in his cheeks spreading to his whole face.

I grabbed a pillow and smacked him in the face. "What, you don't trust him with me but you'd trust us in the same bed? Are you looking forward to being an uncle or something?" I asked, enjoying the way he looked so horrified at my words, his eyes opening so wide they almost fell out of their sockets.

He grabbed my shoulders and shook me lightly. "No, no, no, no, no. Who wants to be an uncle? Not me! Take all the time you need. A few years is fine, heck, take a few decades. That's fine with me, I-" my laughing cut him off.

I patted his shoulder. "Relax Jake, he hasn't even marked me." I said, grinning goofily at the thought of being marked by my mate. Mates usually mark each other the moment they meet, strengthening the bond between them. It was probably not going to happen to me any time soon though, seeing as my mate seemed to hate me. That thought alone had my heart wrenching painfully, a small gasp escaping my lips in response.

I fought to keep the happy expression on my face for Jake's sake. He didn't need to be worrying about me while he still had his own pack to run. If I told him what really happened yesterday, he might come and attack Logan, and I so did not need a war breaking out just because my mate tore out my heart and stomped around on it. For now I needed to suck it up and focus on helping Logan with his anger issues, particularly against me, and I would not be able to do that with Jake pestering me about our relationship, but knowing my luck, that was unavoidable.

Jake's eyes widened. "He hasn't marked you?"

I quickly thought up a lie and shook my head. "He's been really busy with pack business." It wasn't really a lie, he had been gone most of the evening yesterday. Jake opened his mouth to say something else but I stopped him. "Jake, no offense or anything but I really don't want to talk about this with you. It's really awkward." I said, feigning embarrassment. The real reason was that every time he mentioned the topic, pain lanced through my body as my mate's hateful looks replayed themselves in my head. I was itching to change the subject. I smacked him on the chest. "You never told me we could do this. It's so cool." I said; with fake enthusiasm.

He shrugged. "How do you know this isn't just a regular dream?" He asked, smirking at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Because there's no way I would dream up such an irritating dream Jake."

He laughed then raised a brow, "dream Jake, seriously?"

I shrugged. I could tell he still wanted to interrogate me about Logan but I didn't feel like answering any more of his questions. My stomach rumbled and I decided to use that as an excuse. "Sorry Jake but I'm going to wake up now. I'm starving." I said, rubbing my stomach. He nodded and hugged me one more time.

"Alright Chels, I'll dream with you some other night or you know, just call out to dream with me; whatever works for you." I nodded.

"You do realise you could just call me on my new phone, right?" I asked, raising a brow.

He shrugged. "That wouldn't be as fun." He replied as he got up. I didn't want to leave him again, but it was either that or spill the beans and that was so not happening. I was waving at him when the dream world around us crumbled away.