6

"The Love that I have sent away with the floating clouds. I feel like my heart has stopped beating. You and I, frozen there, after a war..."

~Blue-BigBang

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He woke up to a something rough on his face. Taehyung opened one eye, seeing something pink come into his vision briefly before just completely covering it. Taehyung reached out to push it away, realizing he was grabbing fur.

When it was out of his face, he opened his eyes, seeing that it was their poodle, who had jumped up on the edge of the mattress, paws resting on it, the dog's tongue lolling out in excitement. Right about then, Taehyung realized how wet his face was. The dog had been licking him.

Taehyung stared at the dog for a moment, his lips slowly parting as he thought of what to say to the white fluffy animal, or what to do. He'd never really been around a dog before, his adoptive family didn't have pets, and the orphanage had too many kids who were allergic to dogs.

He reached out and petted the top of the dog's head, feeling it's fluffy, curly fur and it's small skull. The poodle jumped up on the bed and cuddled up to Taehyung, licking his face more.

"Ah..! Stop...!" Taehyung said, trying to be stern, but ending up giggling. He cleared his throat and tried a more commanding voice. "Stop." That didn't work and he started giggling again.

Taehyung rolled over, but the poodle only climbed on top of him, still licking his face. Taehyung grinned, not able to keep it to himself and grabbed the dog by the waist, hugging it, it's little body warm and it's panting heavy enough to make it almost seem like it was shaking.

"Do you love me?" He asked the dog, looking deep into it's eyes. The dog licked his face more, then laid down next to him. "I'm just a pet too, maybe we could be friends."

Taehyung wasn't used to all this talking he was doing, but it felt easier to talk to the dog then it did to a person. Even last night when he talked to Jimin, he felt like Jimin was only humoring him in someway. Like, really, he didn't want to talk to Taehyung, despite the smiles.

He took the dog in his arms, holding it like a baby, and sitting up with it. The poodle seemed perfectly fine with that, as Taehyung carried the dog out to the door, he liked the warmth the animal gave off, he hadn't felt anything's warmth like that since he couldn't remember when.

At first he stood there, right in front of the bedroom door, but then he realized he could go anywhere in the house. No one was stopping him, no one said he couldn't. They hadn't locked the door.

Taehyung took a deep breath, holding the poodle close to him. Then he walked down the hallway, feeling his heart tense up when he passed Kyung-mi's door. He thought she'd definitely throw the door open and yell at him after hearing him walking around in the hallway, but the door stayed closed.

Taehyung walked down the stairs one at a time, wanting to be careful with the dog so he wouldn't drop it.

There looked to be no one in the living room, but there was noise coming from the kitchen, so Taehyung carried the dog backwards through the swinging door into the kitchen so the door would hit him.

"Oh, Good Morning, Taehyung." Jimin's mom said, setting a plate of pancakes on the dining table. "I was just about to get you."

Kyung-mi and Jimin were already sitting at the table, and while Jimin smiled when he saw Taehyung, Kyung-mi shot out of her chair almost knocking it over.