❀-Epilogue-❀

The ocean breeze and the warm sun grazed my skin as I took in a fresh breath of mixed salty and sweet air and closed my eyes.

I was traveling on a ferry boat, going back to Jeju Island after 3 years have passed.

Our promise we had made those years ago... I
was coming back to fulfill them.

In three years... things have changed so much after she'd gone. My dreams of playing and singing music, I was putting more focus into it so that I won't think about her in order to be depressed.

But when I play, and when I start to sing some love story... I always think of her.

As soon as I felt the the ferry boat stopped, I let go of the railings and reopened my eyes as I started to follow the crowd of people off the boat, and into the tour buses.

As I rode on the bus, I stared out the window and saw the beautiful scenery of Jeju Island that never changed, and watched people go by as the bus went... and looked ahead to see a girl walking ahead with short hair...

My eyes widened as the bus went passed her, and I looked out the window to see...

it was just another girl with short hair...

I still am hallucinating that I see her every time a girl with short hair passes by me, and I would always stop them, but when they turn around... they weren't her.

The bus stopped, and I looked up at the location to see that we were here.

I got off the bus with other people, and began walking my own way from them.

As I walked, I looked around the area, and smiled to myself as memories began to fill my head... and I began to remember that one week we had spent together that felt like an eternity.

I stopped when my feet touched the first hinges of grass, and I looked up to see...
I was finally here.

I continued to walk though all the grass, and down near the cliff side where I saw the lone barren tree... but somehow... this tree wasn't barren.

It was a tall and strong cherry blossom tree that was in full bloom, it's buds fully opened. In the distance, the ocean view was still unchanging with the mountains in the background and the lighthouse.

As I walked closer to the tree, only did I stopped in my tracks when I looked down to see the pile of rocks that we had placed there so that we could remember where to open the box after years had passed.

The sudden sadness hit me right in the chest, and I leaned against the tree and began to sit down.

I closed my eyes as I felt my steady heartbeat pound, knowing how much tears, heartbreak, and emotions I would have to go though when I dig up the box... knowing she won't be there beside me.

I asked her at this same spot... if she would remember me, not knowing then that... I was the one who was going to loose her. And now I am here, the one to remember her instead.

The cherry blossom tree branches began to rustle as the breeze began to blow a little harder, and it's full petals began to fall slowly around me, and it started to make me yearn for her.

The tears began to flow from my eyes, and I leaned my head against the tree bark, feeling
empty.

"Shhh... Taehyung-ah... don't cry..."

It was Hyeri's voice...
but I knew it was just in my head.

"I miss you so much Hyeri-ah..." I say out loud and I was unable to comprehend if I could go on and dig up the box without her beside me. "So much it hurts..."