Chapter 4

Derek

"You have a date to the dance?" Cora asked in disbelief when she over heard Derek talking to his mom about it. She gaped at him and then proceeded to laugh so hard her face turned red. "Oh my god," she mumbled. "Is it Stiles Stilinski? IT IS STILES! LAURA DEREK IS TAKING STILES TO THE DANCE!"

"Cora, shut it," her mother scolded, pointing a finger in the teenagers face. Cora pouted, but didn't argue. Derek laughed at her. "So you're finally getting your chance with this boy, huh?" Derek's mom questioned him, and he could feel the blush coming on. His mom had never really been one to pry, but she was still curious about her son's love life. He hardly had one until now, and there wasn't much of one yet.

"I guess so. I'm not sure he actually likes me. I mean--"

Laura laughed loudly as she entered the kitchen, cutting him off. He scowled at her, but Laura didn't care. "Der, he likes you. He was holding your hand the first day you two started hanging out. Either he's desperate for a boyfriend, or he likes you." She tossed her bowl in the sink clumsily, earning herself a glare from her mom.

"I don't know. I just--" Derek groaned when a knock on the door cut him off, for the second time, and stomped through the living room to get it. He figured it was one of Cora's friends or maybe their uncle Peter, but he was not expecting Stiles. The boy smiled when Derek swung the front door open and Derek's annoyed scowl immediately disappeared. "Stiles, what are you doing here?"

Stiles nervously pulled at the sleeves of his red hoodie and looked anywhere but Derek's eyes. He seemed a little off. "I- well, my dad is at work and Scott is mad at me and I got bored sitting at home. I was wondering if we could do something together." He finally looked at Derek and smiled bigger.

Derek was a little surprised, which made him forget Stiles was still standing outside and Derek wasn't talking.

"Honey, you can invite him in you know," Talia called from the kitchen, making Derek blush.

"Oh, right. Sorry, come in Stiles." Derek stepped back and let Stiles inside, slowly closing the door behind him. Stiles started towards the kitchen, but Derek had to get himself together. He leaned back against the door and took a deep breath, waiting for the redness in his cheeks to go away. By the time he walked into the kitchen, Stiles and Derek's mom were laughing at something Laura had said.

"Der, can we keep him?" Laura teased, catching Stiles in a playful headlock and ruffling his hair. Derek couldn't help but smile at Stile's laughter. It was the cutest thing Derek had ever seen. And he loved that his family was getting along with Stiles.

"Stiles is adorable," Cora joins in, hugging his other side. She smirked at Derek, as if saying haha, I'm hugging your man, but Derek didn't care. Honestly he found Stiles scared face hilarious.

"Yeah, yeah," Stiles laughed, wriggling out of their grasps. "Sorry ladies, I've already got someone," he said with a wink in Derek's direction. Derek blushed and took Stiles' outstretched hand, pulling him away from the girls. "Can we go do something now? I need a distraction from all of my Scott drama." Stiles stood next to Derek's side, one hand in Derek's and his other hand resting on Derek's hip.