Chapter IX: Break out the Cotton Candy, it's about to get FLUFFY!

"Here we goooo!" Ash yelled from the floor.

"Hahaaaa!" Gary called back, though he was right next to him. "You gon' get it, World 7 castle!"

The boys had been playing for almost seven hours that day, and taken quite generously long lunch and dinner breaks. There had been a draft leaking through a small hole in the corner of a window, so the two had been sharing the singular blanket from the bed.

"Woooo hoooo!" Ash drunkenly twirled a hand when they beat the level.

"Somebody's had a few too many Mountain Dews." Gary giggled and looked at the boy with crosses eyes.

"M-M-M-M-Maybe that's true. A'ight? Yeah. I like....... mmmm.... Puppies.." Ash popped his P's in the word "Puppies".

Ash leaned over and layed across Oak's lap, making him blush a little.

"Ash," he rubbed his hair, his hat already elsewhere, probably thrown out of anger from the video game. "... you need to go to bed. It's almost seven or eight thirty."

"Gary."

"What?" He rubbed the black hairs on the back of the boy's neck.

"... My last.... dying.... urgh.... wish.... best the game, Gary, avenge me..! I love you....."

And with that, Ash drifted off to sleep using a fake movie scene to help him. Gary giggled and leaned down, touching his lips ever so gently against Ash's. "I'll avenge you, don't worry... I love you too..."

The ravenette stayer curled against the purple shirted boy, stretched across his lap in such a cuddly way. Gary had no trouble cruising through World 8, since he had some intensive practice with games like this as a kid. They were always his favorite. Just like this time of year.

And his favorite person, snuggled up against his favorite jeans, under his favorite blanket...

Gary thought to himself as he perused through the castle. Wow, even if he was on a sort of a sugar high, he still said he loved me. Was that true? Is it really from his heart, or was it just the sugar speaking...?

"So long-ay, Bowser!" Ash whispered from the floor once Gary had beaten the game.

"Hey, you're not sleeping, are you?" Gary whispered into the messy haired boy's ear.

He didn't open his eyes, but giggled and shook his head. It was obvious he was on the brink of falling asleep.

The boy rolled over a little a curled up into Gary's side. Gary reddened a little more a took his phone out of his pocket to take a picture for Ash to see later. He realized he couldn't get up to turn off the TV, so he had yo throw random objects at the thing until he hit the power button.

He sighed in relief once the TV fizzled off, and snuggled further under the blanket with Ash.

"Gary..." He whispered, under his breath. The boy wasn't exactly conscious, but apparently still talked through his sleep.

"Ash.." Gary said back, smiling at the sound of Ash saying his name.

He reached around Ash's waist and pulled him closer. "This was fun. Let's hang out again, Ash..." He muttered, kissing his forehead and drifring off with his partner.