Chapter Eight

Hello!

*****************

"Is she the one?"

"And he wonder all those sleepless nights, gazing at stars passing the time, is she the reason behind"

"Derek!"
A young blonde women opened the door and greeted him warmly and gave him a quick hug.

"Jenna!"
Derek said smiling handing over the bouquet he brought with him.

"These are beautiful." She said holding them. "I thought you were gonna bail on me, again," she continued leading Derek to the main room.

"Dean, he is here..." She called over.

"So how's everything Derek? It has been so long since you visited us. You didn't even come at Thanksgiving last year." Jenna said putting the beautiful white lilies in water, motioning for him to take a seat on the couch.
Dean had a beautiful antique house with classic American brown wooden flooring and walls occupied with photo frames and paintings. Even the walls of the hallway corridor were decorated beautifully leading to a luxurious living room.

"You know how's everything. And I, very well know that Dean would have been updating you about my life." Derek beamed at Jenna and continued, "And I usually spend my Thanksgiving with Grams."

Jenna smiled at Derek and sat opposite to him

Derek said lying back in a comfortable position and looking at the grandeur the room reflected. It was all filled with classic antique furniture and stuff, which seems to have been acquired after much efforts. He glanced at one wall filled with photo frames.

"This is new..." Derek pointed at the wall.

"Nope, I had it redesigned and decorated last year. You haven't visited us since I don't even remember when! So, this is indeed new for you." Jenna said standing up from the couch she was sitting on and continued, "I am gonna check on Dean. God knows what is taking him so long! Make yourself at home Derek. Don't sit here like you are here to attend some business meeting of yours. I will be back in a minute..."

She slowly slid out of the room.

Jenna is a young and assertive woman, and not to forget she is blunt too. Being the face of a well known fashion designing brand, and not forget to mention her very own famous designs, keeps her in an upright position. She owns three reputed stores in New York and aspires for more.

Derek stood up and stalked towards the huge wall filled with photo frames, he had pointed to Jenna moments ago. He stood there reminiscing the memories. He saw many pictures of him and Dean and of the couple, of over the past few years. But one picture caught his eye, it was a picture of Iris and Jenna. It was probably clicked at the opening party of one of Jenna's store. She was wearing a red dress which stopped at her knees and her gorgeous black hair tied in a side lose bun with some strands let lose on her face.

Well, its new to see her wearing some different colour than black. Derek thought.

"Whom you are gawking at exactly?"
Suddenly Dean intertwines.

"Your fiancé..." Derek said casually sliding his hand in his jeans pocket.

"She is too hot for you." Dean hit Derek's head.

"Yeah! Finally something we can agree upon." Derek chuckled.

"Boys, dinner is ready." Jenna called from the kitchen.

They both shuffled quietly towards the kitchen. Dean's house was big enough for just two people. It had an attached sleek kitchen with the matching and ever so fine dining room.