Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I woke up, in the real world this time, and tried to open my eyes. I was slightly panicked when I noticed that I couldn't but quickly realised that my tears from last night had probably glued them shut. I sniffed around to make sure I was alone before I got out of bed and felt around as I made my way, cautiously, to the bathroom.

I scrubbed my eyes with lots of water as fast as I could, eager to see again. After the fifth cycle, I finally managed to see my reflection in the large oval mirror above the sink. I cringed when I found that it wasn't really pleasant. My eyes were thankfully not red and puffy from all my crying, seeing as I'd just woken up from sleep. My hair was sticking up everywhere and my dress was wrinkled from being used as pyjamas.

I retrieved my toiletries bag from my luggage and took a warm shower. I sighed contently as the warm water helped to relax my sore muscles. When I looked down at my wrists I found bright, angry purple bruises where Logan had gripped my arms last night. For the rest of the shower, I did my best to avoid looking at my hands, the marks only reminding me of what he had done.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face before running a comb through my hair a few times. When it was properly detangled, I slipped a white shirt and a pair of cut-off denim shorts over my underwear. I shoved my feet into my most comfortable pair of shoes, my worn out flats and jogged downstairs. When I reached the bottom of the steps, I made sure Logan wasn't around before going into the kitchen, my wolf and I still not ready to see him after yesterday for fear that I might just scratch out his eyes for those damned bruises.

I looked around the massive pantry and finally decided on a bowl of cereal. When I was rummaging around the fridge for milk, I found some apples and added one of them to my breakfast menu. I want meat. My wolf whispered. I had to look around in the freezer for some sausages but I didn't mind, I was just thankful she was talking. I fried three sausages, three eggs and toasted six pieces of toast, adding that to my food on the island as well.

After finishing off everything, I stuffed the plates in the dishwasher and cleaned up before making my way to the front door. Do you want to go for a run? I asked. I could feel my wolf perk up a little at the mention of being free, though not by much. Yes. She finally said. I was a little happier as well as I pulled the door open and smacked right into somebody.

I stumbled back a little. When I looked up, I met Jen's piercing, blue eyes. "Where are you headed?" She demanded, dressed in a pair of jeans and a peach camisole under her leather jacket. Her blonde hair was piled up on her head in a messy bun and her hands were where they usually were when she was around me, on her hips. I didn't really feel any animosity for her but I was still a little pissed at the memory of her slapping me the first time we'd met.

"I was going out for a run." I answered honestly.

"You're not going anywhere." She said, crossing her arms.

"Yes, I am. I am going for a run, and you are not going to stop me, Jen." I said as I pushed her aside.

She grasped my arm before I could take a step. "You are not going anywhere." She repeated.

I turned at her and growled. I notice her visibly tense as my Alpha power hit her. "You don't order me around." I snapped, pulling my arm from her grip. "Don't forget what I did to you the last time you tried to hold me captive."

"It's not my choice to be here, the Alpha has assigned me the duty of making sure you stay in the house." She said, the defiant expression she's had on her face earlier crumbling. I saw fear in her eyes and immediately felt sorry for her.

I didn't even want to think of what Logan would do to her if I disobeyed his orders so I decided to comply. The guy already thought I was a burden, I didn't need to add fuel to the fire. I nodded and followed her back into the house, my wolf whining all the way. After practically forcing me to sit on the couch, Jen moved to the door.