Blonde Hair and Contagious Smile

~Hinata POV~
I sat down on the roots of a large tree. A rabbit cuddled into my lap. For some reason this little guy decided to just show up.

My color pencil lightly scratched against the page. The sound of giggles and conversation floated to me. I looked to see them playing tag.

Girls screamed and ran from the boys, yelling about germs and perverts.

Boys huddled up, ready to win.

It seems like they got everyone to play. Except Megumi. He was at the high school today as a small field trip.

Everyone was laughing and having fun. They didn't notice me in the shadows. I guess it was pretty hard to notice a girl like me.

The crunch of newly fallen leaves brought me back from my thoughts. I blinked and turned to see a boy about my age. He had unusual blonde hair and chocolate eyes and looked girlish.

"Hi! What are you doing here?" He asked cheerfully.

I blinked again. Why was he here? Why wasn't he playing with the fun kids?

He sat down next to me.

"So? Why aren't you joining them?" He asked again.

"I-I c-can't." I stuttered, face heating up. This was the first time a boy my age besides Megumi was ever so friendly to me.

"Eh? Why not? Shouldn't you have fun?"

"...I have a really weak heart. I can't run without getting a attack." I muttered, stroking the soft fur of the rabbit.

He blinked but continued smiling. "Then I'll just make sure you won't get lonely!" He settled down in the tree.

"You don't have to you know. I'm fine alone." I said quietly, going back to my sketch.

"I want too~!" He grinned childishly. "So watcha drawing?" He put hissed on my shoulder.

I turned beet red. "A-ah w-what a-are y-you d-doing?"

"I'm looking at your picture silly!" He laughed so care freely I couldn't help a small smile.

"Ahhh! Amazing! You draw magnifique!" He exclaimed.

"Really?" I blushed.

"Yeah!" He grinned sticking his face in front of mine. My head shot back and almost hit the tree.

"Eh? Are you okay?"

"Y-yes!" I squeaked.

He laughed. "You're funny! Wanna be friends?"

"Are you sure you wanna be friends with me? Megumi is my only friend."

"Eh? But you're so cute! I know! I'll be one of you're best friends!" He started ranting on and on about the things we would do and introducing me to his cousins Hatsuharu and Hatori.

I stared in wonder at the energetic blonde hair and contagious smile.

He paused and smiled brightly. "By the way I'm Momiji Sohma! Nice to meet you!"

"Hinata Honda, nice to meet you Momiji-san." I smiled.

"Don't add san! We are best friends now! I'm Momiji and you're Hinata."

"H-Hai"