Chapter 12

"Q..." Lauren called as she entered the mansion. Dinah had forbid her from going to her old home, but she decided against it and after a thousandth times promising that she'll be okay, Dinah finally agree to let her best friend go. Quincy who was chugging a bottle of beer smile at her.

"Lauren Jauregui!" Quincy approached her and quickly pulled her into a hug.

Lauren didn't reciprocate the hug. She just stood there and then, she slowly pushed her cousin away from her, "What do you want?" she asked softly. Quincy laughed.

"What do you want from me Quincy!?" Lauren asked again, a little bit harsh. Quincy raised both his hands in defense.

"Dad asked me to find you. The old man wants to see you."

Lauren let out a sigh as she shook her head, "How is he?"

"Oh, so now you care?" Quincy scoffed. "If you really care, you won't leave this family!"

Lauren just glared at him as she made her way upstairs.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"Hi Uncle Dwayne..." Lauren greeted her uncle, who was laying on his back on the king bed.

"Lauren..." Dwayne called as he sat on his bed, leaning his back on the head board "It's been so long since you visited me, I had to ask Q to find you..." He smiled.

"I'm so sorry uncle..." Lauren apologized as she sat on the edge of the bed, taking Dwayne's left hand into hers.

"Come back please? Double Dragon need you here, Lauren." Dwayne asked, practically begging her.

"Uncle, I thought you understand. I don't wanna do this anymore!" Lauren said, getting up from the bed and pinched the bridged of her nose. "Please, don't force me to come back." She said slowly.

"Lauren, I love you like you're my own daughter...I love you more than my own son...I took care of you, give you shelter, fed you...now, you wanna leave me?"

"I would never forget all of that uncle...I won't...ever.." Lauren said, "But I don't wanna do this anymore...I don't wanna involve with all of this stuff...I wanna fix myself...to be a better person."

"Then, it's okay, Lauren. You don't have to do the things you used to do. Just ...stay." Dwayne stood up, approaching Lauren.

"I can't." Lauren shook her head slowly, "Just being in this house is enough to make me remember all the things that I've done."

"What about Bella? She loves you. She is still waiting for you."

Lauren froze upon hearing the name, "Uncle...I never love her"

"What? But she said you guys are together?" Dwayne said, "Lauren, don't break her heart..." he warned.

Lauren stood silence. Is she a heartbreaker? She thinks about her past with Bella, her uncle Chan's daughter. Since they were little, Bella always say that she wanna marry her. It's not that she doesn't love her, she did, but not more than a sisterly love. But that was when they were little. Once Lauren hit 17, she had her first sex with Bella, and since that day, they didn't stop. Bella always claimed her love towards Lauren, but to Lauren, Bella was just a place to satisfy her needs. She used her. Now she wonders what Camila will do, if she knows about this; even though they didn't make things official yet.

"I'm sorry uncle, I have to go." Lauren said, kissing her uncle's forehead before rushing to the door, exiting the room.

"Where are you going?" Quincy asked as he saw Lauren descending the stairs.