XIV : Surreal Truth

"Yaaah... That is one ugly drawing." that certain someone said while giggling, his smile and crescent eyes being way too familiar.

I froze the moment my eyes caught the face of the voice's owner. My chest felt tight, my slightly parted lips quivered. The two eyes of mine felt hot and I could sense tears starting to blur my sight.

"Whoa. Don't be too offended, Jinhee-yah," He threw his arms to his sides, acting like a criminal surrendering himself to the cops. The moment I heard his voice call for my name, I realized that the whole thing is freaking real. I struggled to push myself out of my chair, my body felt like it's paralyzing but I managed to stand up and walked to his side.

"J-Jiminnie.."

I stuttered before letting myself fall onto my knees and pull him to my embrace. I missed him. I missed him so much that I died every single day. I fought hard the urge to cry and sob my heart out as my face was buried in his chest. All I did was hug him tight, I didn't dare to make any other action nor say any words. I was afraid that he will disappear into the thin air, afraid that he would turn out only to be my imagination. But his warmth upon my face and the scent of his clean uniform was far too real to be untrue.

"Hey, I know that you adore me loads but isn't this a little bit too much?"

That was what he said, but his actions were different as he turned his body to hug me back. His hand stroked my hair repeatedly in a slow pace. I inhaled his scent that I missed so much and comforted myself in his warm embrace and gentle strokes. I stayed quiet and only held him for quite a long time. I wanted to stay in this very position for eternity, but questions and words were screaming inside my head to be spelled out. I was afraid that if I delay, I would miss my chance again. Like that night.

"Jiminnie.. You're here.." I blinked away my tears and cleared my throat before finally untightening my hug and pulling away my hands from around his waist. The insides of my chest hurts when I pronounced his name, it hurts even more when I saw his face.

"Of course I am, right next to you is where I should be," he smiled. I am used to his cheesy sentences but this one felt sincere. I stared at his face, especially his smile I yearned for. I wanted to cry so badly, but at the same time I didn't want him to see me cry. I was struggling in holding back my emotions when he slowly reached out his hands to my face, his palms felt soft and warm as it cupped my face. I could feel my own heartbeat in my ears and warm blood flowing inside my body. Everything felt so surreal but true at the same time.

We looked at each other's eyes for a few moments. The look in his eyes somehow showed that he understands all the mixed-up feelings I'm experiencing. It felt like his stare went as deep as to my soul, but it was calming.

But then, he was Park Jimin.

"Dawww my baby."

He ruined the whole atmosphere by squishing my face between his hands. My cheeks puffed and my lips puckered. I would usually beat him. I would usually at least give him a sweet punch. I would usually yell at him. But in this moment I didn't do all those things I mentioned, I didn't care that he was making fun of me. All I cared about that he is back here with me. I laughed between his palms, my eyes started to feel moist again but I managed to dry it back. Even though my face probably looked like a freaking guppy, I felt like this was my most beautiful laugh for the past two months.

He laughed at my face, I swear that I endured hell missing the sound of his laughter.

"Guys, please. No PDAs." a voice which turned out to be Yoongi's came from the back of the class. He had entered the room and headed for his table.

"Ayy, you need some love man." Jimin then let go of my face and approached Yoongi who was now already sitting on his chair and leaning back on it.

"Here sugar bear~" he then aimed to pinch Yoongi's pale cheeks before getting a kick from Yoongi right in the stomach. I laughed at both of them and stood up as Jimin yelped from the pain. But then something struck me in the head.

Wait, why is Yoongi acting like nothing's wrong about Jimin's return?

Was this some kind of sick prank or something? I could've sworn about two months ago, Yoongi was crying with me and Bangtan after mourning for Jimin. Jungkook, Taehyung and Hoseok then came barging in from the back door.

"You guys didn't ate?" Hoseok asked us.

Them too?

I was way too mindwrecked to respond but then Jimin said, "Jinhee didn't want to eat so I came here to accompany her."

Other kids then started storming in into the room, going to their seats or hanging at the back part of the classroom with their friends. Either way, they acted perfectly normal. A guy named Kwak Minjae even talked to Jimin to return his manhwa* he borrowed months ago.

What the actual hell is happening?

After zoning out for quite a long time, I felt a light pressure on my right shoulder. Jimin gently pushed me back to my seat, then sat on his chair backwardly. We were back to our initial position.

He then pushed my opened sketchbook towards me and said, "Yah. What's wrong with your work? It seems.....angry." He frowned. He then took out my color pencils and started coloring my lily pink.

I stayed frozen for a couple of seconds before realizing that he is messing with my school work. "P-Park Jimin," my eyes widened.

He briefly looked at me before continuing the scribbling on my sketchbook. "Hm?"

I observed him, he was coloring like a kid. His lips formed a small smile and his eyes were shining. His face gleamed with genuine happiness, which he hadn't shown in a very long time.

That moment, I have decided that I won't care about the fact that he's ruining my work, I won't care if he made fun of me, I won't care about the misery he had put me in, I won't care about my hate towards him for leaving me, and I won't care about how strange it is that everyone else acted normally. I won't care about anything else, as long as he's by my side.

I promised to the heavens to make sure that his smile would never have to leave his face again.

_______________

* = Korean manga

Author's Note:

Along with Jimin, the author's note section is back :)
I had to remove the author's note for I didn't want to ruin the mood from the story a few chapters back.

Anyways thank you so much for 1.5k reads and over 200 votes! I really wanted to give a double update as a gift but I'm kinda facing a writer's crisis right now and I'm quite a busy bee nowadays. I know I'm terrible and I'm sorry :(

Once again, thank you for all the support on this story and see you on the next update :)

-wangkongbean-