Z.Z..ZOMBIES?

It was the weirdest creature I had ever seen. The shirt it wore was ripped apart showing his bare chest. His jeans had blood stains on them, and were completely ripped from the bottom. His shovel was rusted and bent from the top which made it look as though it had been used to whack something... or someone, several times.

But the thing that troubled me the most was his skin. It was the palest shade of white I had ever seen. His face, that face looked like it belonged to horror movies. His mouth was smeared with blood and his teeth- his teeth had scraps of food which looked like flesh, human flesh! He was not human, definitely not human .

"Ed something seems suspicious about this guy," I whispered. "Yeah lemme find out," he whispered back. He walked over to the creature and said, "Ay! Sup dude?" The thing shot a sharp look at him as though he would eat his brain the first chance he would get.

"Ed. Back Up. RIGHT! NOW!" I ordered. All of a sudden, Kevin darted out of the kitchen with a sharp knife in his hand. "Alright you psycho... confession time," Kevin said. The zombie screeched and lunged himself at the figure standing before him. "What the-" was all that Kev could say before the creature dug his teeth into his shoulder.

Kev fell to the ground instantaneously. We looked at him with shock and pity as he rolled about on the ground. Suddenly, the rolling seized and Kev got up with a jerk. His face was now white like the other guy's. He was now a... zombie! The two zombies began infecting anyone who came in their way.

"EVERYONE OUT OF THE HOUSE!" I yelled. Madison ran to the back door and on opening it, what she saw caused her to drop to the ground. A zombie stood there ready to kill... he dug his teeth into her shoulder. "USE THE WINDOWS!" yelled Ed, opening the window next to him."GO! GO! GO!" I shouted from behind the two figures in front of me. They were Ed and Ellie and as I looked back at Ed's house, I realized that we were the only survivors from the party.

"My house," I said, "let's go". No one opposed. I opened the door, and after Ed and Ellie had entered, I locked it from the top, as well as the side. "Get comfortable," I said switching on the lights, "We're gonna be here for a while."

"Where are your parents?" asked Ellie, unaware of what happened ten years ago.

"They died, in a car crash ten years ago," I said, "It was a cloudy night and we were returning from a wedding with my uncle. The road was lonely, but suddenly, from the opposite direction, we all saw a flashing light. It was a bus, and it hit our car. Me and my uncle managed to get out in time, but the front end of the car was twisted; my parents couldn't get out. The car, it- it burst into flames, and my parents, they burned to death."

"How come you never told us?" Ellie asked. "It's irrelevant now. My uncle's been supporting me for seven years." "Austin," said Ellie, "I'm- I'm sorry." "It's alright, I'm over it now," I answered.

We spent the next half an hour passing time, when I heard a sudden thud from the outside. "Who's stomach was that?" asked Ed jokingly. "Shut up!" hissed Ellie. I slowly made my way to the curtains, and drew them open. Outside, several zombies were visible. "Zombies," I muttered, "Surrounding the house!" Then I realized the extent of the problem. Every single house in the vicinity was surrounded by the white skinned things. "HOLY SHIT!" I shouted. "It's an entire mother effing ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!"

"We need to take turns for watching," I said, heading back to where my two friends were standing, "we can't take any risks with all these zombies around." They nodded. "I'll take the first watch," I continued, "you two get some rest."

Soon, Ed and Ellie dozed off. Keeping watch was harder than I expected. I was supposed to do so until 12:30, and I was already feeling sleepy. I checked the time on my watch, it was only 11:44.