14 // ...Day.

ya'll

click that vote button if you'd honestly rather spend Valentine's Day like Jo and Damon are

or not

if you prefer roses and dinner

your choice

(but really tho tysm for voting ALAYU)
💃🏼💋💃🏼💋💃🏼💋
//

In 30 minutes, the change of positions went to laying against the wall on Damon's bed, his jacket sprawled onto the floor on the other side of the room. We sat facing each other from afar, eventually, after pestering him about the continuing strong scent of whiskey and female-ness.

I was tipsy, not drunk, just tipsy. I wouldn't be able to sit so still the entire time if I were drunk. But Damon listened like he was sober. Like.

"...Then I told her, very politely, that I had to leave", I wave my hands for expression.

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh."

"And that was it?"

"Pretty much. Wait, it wasn't. Or...? Ah, I don't remember, pass me that again."

He passes me the bottle, I take another sip, flinch, pass it back and impatiently flick my fingers at returning thoughts.

"Right, that was when she leaned in to kiss me and I sort of stopped her by putting my hand on her chest, like this", I place my hand on my chest for him to see.

I was still getting the hang of having such sudden conversations with a stranger, yet this was turning out better than expected. I couldn't read Damon's emotions to any parts of what I was telling him, but he listened.

He gives me a surprised look, finally an actual reaction, and sits up.

"She tried to kiss you?", he asks seriously.

I cover my laughter with a hand, "It took you an eternity to realize that - well done - but yes, she did."

"And you successfully stopped her?", he asks once more, so I stop.

"Damon, where exactly are you getting with this?"

"Well", he smirks and moves across the bed, standing up on his feet, only finding a slight difficulty in holding himself balanced, and faces me on the bed with his arms spread out, "I allow you the opportunity for yelling at me - go ahead."

Yell at him? What did he do now?
"Why would I yell at you?", I look up at him, "And why did you have to stand up all cool just to say that?"

He crosses his arms across his chest, the glass of the silver watch on his left hand sparkling, "Because I may be drunk and forget shit, a lot, but I remember you telling me, exactly, word for word, how if you would be able to get away from a kiss..."

Ah, that

Flashbacks ran through my mind from three days ago when I stormed out of this room and told him that I'd get back at him for revenge for thinking I was weak to block a stupid almost-there kiss, as Damon happily rambled on my previous speech.