Chapter 3 ~ Rejection

Jessie's P.O.V

I stared at the soon to be alpha shocked.

He was my mate? Cameron was my mate?!

I couldn't believe it my mate was an alpha! The corners of my mouth started to twitch as I tried to fight a smile but I couldn't resist. Soon I was smiling, a full on smile teeth and all. 

I stared into his beautiful forest green eyes getting completely lost as he kept our gazes locked. When I looked into his eyes I couldn't help but feel complete, like we were the only two in the room. We continued to stare at each other but then his face turned sour, his eyes turning darker with rage. I winced at the sudden change in the air. It was now full of tension and a mixture of my anticipation. 

Cameron stormed over to me. His body was shaking, his fingernails digging into his palms and his jaw clenched. He looked like he was about to murder someone.

We stood only inches apart and I could feel his hot breath fanning across my face. My body shivered on its own accord, this made my sexy mate smirk. My mouth had gone dry from being so nervous. What was he going to do to me? Would he accept me or reject me?

A throat being cleared interrupted my internal battle. I looked up and saw 'the' smirk. This was not a good sign and I had seen it many times before. So had the whole school. This smirk was Cameron's most famous weapon. When you saw it, you knew you were in for it.

I broke eye contact and glanced around me. What I saw made me jump and my eyes widened. What looked like the whole student body were staring at Cameron and I. They all had puzzled faces, no doubt wondering what was going on.

I faced Cameron again. He still had rage burning in his eyes. Why was he looking at me like that? I thought to myself. I only knew a little about mates and I was positive that he should not be looking at me like that.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked quietly.

"You disgust me." He replied blunt to the point. I internally winced as I heard my heart start to break.

"But your mate," gasps and murmurs erupted from the crowd surrounding us. 

"Listen to my words carefully loser. We are not mates. There is no way that the moon goddess would pair me the future alpha with a none shifter like you. I mean look at you." I glanced down at myself. "You're disgusting, ugly, weak. I can't run a pack with someone who can't shift. If I was your mate I'd feel sorry for him. And I would say the words I reject you Jessica Brown."

As soon as those words left his mouth my heart broke into a million pieces. I held back the tears that were threatening to escape. I would not show them that I was weak.

Cameron's smirk was still plastered on his face. I searched his eyes for some kind of sign that he was joking but all I found was satisfaction and happiness. I was clearly not wanted around here. I thought they would change. Grow to accept me but I was wrong. Without looking I whispered so only he could hear me "I accept your rejection." With that said I swiftly pushed my way through the crowd trying to blank out their insults.

"What a freak."

"I can't believe she said they were mates!"

"She's so delusional if she thought they could be together. What a joke."

I walked out of the front doors that I had only just recently entered and made my way to the forest. It was here that I let the tears fall down my face and allowed myself to wallow in my own self-pity. I aimlessly wondered around the forest, not worrying about where I was going or what time it was.