thirty-six

3 weeks later

"The tweet was cute, I promise," Luke chuckled as he looked at Mae through his computer screen.

After the festival, Luke had to head out on tour while Mae returned to her normal life of work and school. Both of them missed the other terribly, but thankfully they could still see each other, even if they're thousands of miles away.

"No, no it wasn't," Mae blushed, "it was embarrassing. I was such a fangirl." Her hands fly up to cover her eyes as she shakes her head in disbelief. It's been weeks since they first had this conversation, and she couldn't believe it popped up yet again.

She didn't care -- no matter what Luke said, she knew the tweet was embarrassing and certainly not cute.

"Well, it certainly got my attention, so if it weren't for that, we wouldn't be here now."

"You have to admit though," Mae smiled, "my tweets with She's Kinda Hot lyrics were pretty useful."

He simply shook his head in agreement.

Sure, he'd had millions of tweets using his own lyrics come at him everyday, but Mae's were different. There was just something about her, and the way she could be sassy one minute and then completely vulnerable the next. She reminded him of someone he had once known -- well, kind of knew.

When he was still in school, he had a close friend that would talk to him about his girlfriend. From just his words alone, Luke could tell that she was one to keep close and never let go of. For years, he had been envious that his friend had gotten to the girl before he could. Although, it would've been difficult because she went to a different school than them, and the only reason his friend met her was because of his sister introducing them.

"Luke. Earth to Luke." Mae's sweet voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Sorry about that," he apologized, "I just got distracted for a minute."

Mae thought it was cute how he would zone out -- his eyes would lose focus and seem as though they were looking into a world beyond them, and his bottom lip would jut out just a bit, accentuating his lip ring, which she had to admit she loved.

"I miss you," she blurted out, causing Luke's eyes to widen.

Normally, this shouldn't be much of a surprise, but throughout these weeks apart, neither one had admitted to missing the other, even though they did immensely. They were both too stubborn to come clean -- until now.

"I miss you too, baby girl," he soothed.

At his term of endearment, Mae's heart nearly exploded out of her chest. She had to contain herself from totally spazzing and making a fool of herself.

She covered the camera for a moment, allowing herself time to let out her inner emotions. Thankfully, she managed to keep her noise level to a minimum, so Luke wouldn't think she was mentally insane.

Luke smiled to himself. He never was one to use those kind of nicknames for anyone, but he couldn't help it. Mae was a girl who made him act completely different than usual, but it's a good different. It's the side he keeps hidden, and he's finally ready to let someone see it -- her.

you know you're in deep when you think the back of someone's head is attractive. someone send help lol

but omg guys i have the ending planned out and it's probs the best thing I've ever come up with..hopefully
-jules :3