Seven

~Frank's POV~

I was quiet as I looked at Gerard. I was just watching him. Sounds creepy, I know, but there was nothing about Gerard that didn't intrigue me. His bed head to his chubby cheeks to his lips...

Frank! Stop it!

I shook my head and sighed. What even was my sexuality at this point?..

"Frank? You still there?" Gerard's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. His voice was soft...It made me smile.

"Yea, sorry Gerard...I'm easily sidetracked."

Gerard nodded. Frank was unsure where to take the conversation.

"So where'd Mikey go?" I asked.

Gerard laughed lightly. "Mikes? He's got a hot date with some guy he met here."

"Is that so?" I leaned on my arm to look him over better.

"Yea, my little bro always was a man magnet."

Well...I knew that at least one Way wasn't straight. It made me wonder about Gerard. I couldn't just ask him straight out, I might push him away.

"As entertaining as I find Mikey..." I tried to phrase my words just right, "What about you?"

"Me?" Gerard seemed a bit taken back by my words. "Well...I enjoy walking along the beach. Sadly I can't use the cliché 'at sunset' line because all times of day are kind of the same for me. I am a sibling to the Mikey Way who is also my guide, I guess? My mom makes him watch me...Like I said before, I occasionally sing." Gerard shrugged.

"That can't be it." I laughed. I stretched out my fingers and let his hand stretch over mine.

"I don't know! I'm not that interesting..." Gerard's fingers pulled back just slightly.

"I bet you are..." I said lowly.

I knew he was...Fuck, why can't I just chill around Gerard? He made my filter pull up more than usual...He probably isn't even gay Frank. Yet again, the question rang through my head. Was I even gay? I sighed.

"You alright?" Gerard asked. I looked up and noticed that his hand had completely pulled away.

"Yes!.. I-I'm real sorry Gerard...I'm just..." I trailed off. I didn't want to embarrass myself further.

Gerard smiled at me. "Just calm down, Frankie." He said in a comforting tone, "Just tell me about you. Who is this punk inspired boy sitting across from me?"

"Punk inspired?" I laughed. He must of had someone describe my look to him, but still, 'punk inspired' was a new phrase to describe me.

"Yes, my little punk." Gerard smiled.

"Already moving onto new nicknames, eh, G?"

"Just go on and describe yourself!" Gerard laughed. His tone hinted an eye roll, so I rolled my own.

"Okay. I'm Frank Iero. I enjoy Halloween and creepy, gorey stuff. I'm not the best at grades but I do like guitar and also sing a tiny bit. I miss my dog back home but she is probably being happy doing dog things..." I paused. Was there really anything other than that I thought was interesting?.. Should I bring up the thing that kept popping into my mind?..

"You have a dog!?" Gerard popped up like an excited child. It was absolutely adorable.

"Yea!" I grinned, "My Lil Sweet Pea. She's my baby."

"Awww!" Gerard smiled, "I always wanted a dog, but my mom didn't let me..."

"Sweet Pea isn't much of a service dog at her size..." I looked him over again, "Hey, maybe you can get one soon! Now that you're in college and all."

Gerard perked up again. "Yea! I guess you're right!"

"Do you have a preference? Big and fluffy or short haired and cuddly" I stated asking, excitedly.

"I take it as you're a dog man." Gerard laughed, "I'm glad...I'm allergic to cats so our friendship might have been cut short."

"Wow, I almost lost it all over a cat." I gasped with a chuckle.

"Almost lost it all, eh? I would have been the one dying from cute animal fluff."

"You're a real Positive Paul, aren't ya?" I couldn't stop smiling.

"I'm just a generic Gerard, honestly." He shrugged.

"You are far past generic." I argued against him, "You're one of the most interesting guys I've met here."

"Meet a lot of guys?" Gerard's eyebrow raised up over his sunglasses.

"What are you implying?" I asked a bit hesitantly. I hoped he was leading up to the question in the back of my mind. I just didn't know how to ask first.

"What are you implying?" He questioned my question.

You absolute little shit Gerard Way. I flicked my lip ring with my tongue. Did he just want me to go first?

"Do you swing to the straight side or the not so straight side?" The words fell from my mouth. Fucking hell. What are you thinking Frank!?

I was glad Gerard couldn't see the reddening of my cheeks. Why was I like this around him!? One minute he was so easy to talk to, the next he was making me damn near stutter my guts out.

"Well...Does the gender of the partner really matter if you've fallen for what's inside?" He finally replied after considering my question.

"I've thought about that!" I blurted again. Shut it Frank. "I...uh...Just like...I-I get it." I nodded before realizing it didn't make a difference to Gerard's perspective.

"Have you ever been with a guy?" Gerard asked suddenly.

"Me?"

"No, the handsome Jack sitting to your side. Yes you!" Gerard laughed. He bit his lip, facing my direction.

"I haven't..." I replied honestly, "Not that I wouldn't be interested in trying?.."

Gerard nodded and was silent. I wish I could see the emotion behind his hidden eyes. Just a small hint of what he was thinking.

Was that what he wondered? When he was quiet and just listening... Was he just wishing for any kind of expression or color or anything hidden from his view?.. He simply intrigued me.

"Hypothetically, if a boy were to ask you out..." Gerard's voice drifted into my thoughts yet again. I looked at him and I could see a slight hint of nervousness on his face, "would you give him a yes or a no?"

I felt a grin creep slowly across my face. So...Maybe I didn't have anything to worry about...

"Depending on the boy...I think I just might have to say yes."