Chapter 20:

Dez

"Wait, let me take a pic so I can let the world know what we're having." I said as Tara stood in the mirror rubbing some nasty looking shit on her stomach.

"Fuck is that you be using anyways?" I ask watching her.

"Shea butter. I'm trying to avoid stretch marks. I didn't get them with Zain and I'm hoping I don't get them with my boo baby here." She said turning side ways rubbing her stomach.

"Well you already got some on ya ass."

"Shut the fuck up dummy no I don't!" She shouted throwing the Shea butter container at me. "No, do I for real? No I don't lying ass."

I laughed, "I mean I be hitting it from the back damn near every night I would know. That ass been growing girl."

"Stop lying Dez." She shouted pulling one side of her panties down trying to look in the mirror.

"You're a dummy." I said laughing.

"No, you are idiot." She said plopping down on to my lap.

"Can I take a picture of ya stomach now?" I ask rubbing it.

"Sure. Wait, no. Let me get dressed first, you might get my bra and underwear in it."

"I know how to take a damn pic."

"Yeah sure."

"Wait, let me see." She said looking at the pic. "Okay that's fine."

Hailee💝. #lilmamaClark

"A lot of damn weirdos follow you and I hate it because they all tag me under talking shit. Like can you make ya damn page private and block these idiots?" Tara said looking at the pic from her phone watching the likes and comments go up.

"There are more positive people tho. A lot of people saying congratulations." I said looking. "I'm always blocking people, but that's when a fake page pop up."

"Extremely dumb hoes. One said oh yeah that's definitely not his baby, he don't make girls only boys. Like bitch what? Where?"

"Man, fuck them. Like we said, we know what's up." I said taking her phone just as she was refreshing the comments. "Stop stressing ya self. I don't need that on my baby girl."

She sighed, "You're right, I'm not."

"What you gonna do while I'm at work?" I ask standing up grabbing my towel to take a shower.

"Lex is coming over. I gotta finalize some things for the grand open tomorrow. I'm sooooo nervous."

"Don't be." I said bending down to kiss her. "You already know that place gonna be poppin. You got a bunch of supporters, you got this."

"Thank you." She said softly kissing me again

*

Tara

"Didn't you hide your first pregnancy from your mom?" Lex asks rubbing my stomach.

"Yeah, until I was like seven months."

"Girl, damn. Seven months? How the hell did you do that?" She asks.

"To be able to take care of us, my mom worked a lot. I mean a lot. It was rare for her to be off and when she was she would sleep and eat. She'd work like literally all day. So I'd always be in bed by time she got home so when she'd come in there to talk to me my stomach was hidden. There were many times when I almost got caught tho. I'd wear baggy clothes all the time so even if she would have had a good look of me she probably wouldn't have noticed. I remember one time I was standing at the fridge rubbing my stomach when she came in with groceries, but she was so in a rush she didn't notice."