Chapter-2 *Final decision* ✔

I excused myself, rushed upstairs to my room, and shoved all the bags of clothes into the closet

I excused myself, rushed upstairs to my room, and shoved all the bags of clothes into the closet. I needed a shower after all the shopping; I was exhausted. Shopping was not my thing, and I still had to deal with my father at dinner. So, I needed to freshen up.

Let's hope for the best!

I walked over to the bathroom, turned the shower on, and waited for the water temperature to turn cold. During the summers, water in our tank became very hot due to the ambient temperature. After wasting 3 buckets worth of water, I finally got a normal temperature. I stepped inside and took a long, relaxing shower. I let the water run through my thick, waist length black hair and let out a small sigh.

While taking my shower, I closed my eyes, starting to imagine myself in the streets of New York, hanging out with hot boys. My eyes shot open, cursing myself for such stupid thoughts. Thanks to Mahi, for corrupting my mind with thoughts of hot foreign boys. I won't ever fall for any foreigner, I thought while I turned off the shower.

Hopefully. I mean, I was only going there for my studies, right?

I got dressed in my favorite polka dotted pajama and an oversized t-shirt. When I went downstairs for dinner, I was not surprised to see that my mom had cooked my favorite dish: Rajma Chawal (kidney beans and rice).

My mouth started watering. Yummy!

She was trying to bribe me with all this yummy, delicious food. There was no need to mention the fact that she is a great cook, she knows that very well. But this time, I was not going to let her win me over.

I took a seat, grabbed a spoon and without wasting another second, started eating. I took a bite and got so lost in the taste of the delicious food, that I forgot everything else for a moment.

But we can't escape forever, right?

After few minutes, as I sat there, I felt nervous as goosebumps flooded my arms. All I wanted to do was finish my dinner and run for the hills. I could feel the tension as I took several fast bites. I knew they were watching me; they wanted me to start the conversation. There was no way I was going to do that, though. I'm not a fool who would stab herself with her own knife.

"So," my dad began, breaking the silence as he took a sip from his glass of water and set his spoon down. "Your mother told me that you passed the exam."

Of course she did!

I nodded nervously, afraid of what was going to come next.

A small smile swept across his face. "Congratulations! I'm very proud of you."

I almost choked. Honestly, I didn't expect that. I thought he would ask me to reconsider my decision. But here he was, congratulating me instead.

Wow! That was a good start. I grinned mentally.