Slow Dancing

Laura Hollis had been happily investigating their new apartment when her fiancée snuck up behind her and bear hugged her from behind, lifting her up a few inches in the air. "Carm!" She laughed as she tried to squirm out of her grip and get back on the ground, but to no avail. "Put me down!"
"Nope, you have to promise me something first," Carmilla Karnstein held the girl tighter the more she struggled, smiling slightly to herself. The tiny cheerful girl in her embrace was the only person who'd made her happy in centuries, and she wasn't about to let this slide. It was of utmost importance.
"What?" Laura stopped moving and Carm sat her down, the shorter girl turning to look up into the vampire's warm brown gaze.
"I never finished teaching you to waltz," Carmilla smirked, taking Laura's hand and aligning them to the correct position for the dance. "You can't quit halfway through a lesson."
Laura, flustered as usual when shown any kind of affection, blushed and glanced at the floor before returning her eyes to Carmilla's. "But we don't have music."
"Cupcake, when you're this deep in love you don't need music." With that, Carmilla began to waltz, Laura following suit to the best of her ability. There were a couple incidences where the little klutz stepped on Carm's foot, but she paid no mind to it. A minute or so later, the vampire began to hum quietly. Laura recognized the tune as 'I Won't Give Up' by Jason Mraz, and her heart skipped a beat. The resemblance of the song to their relationship was heartwarming and soon enough she didn't even have to try dancing, it just came naturally. Carm smiled as she spun the other girl carefully, kissing her once she was safely back in her arms. "I told you we didn't need music."