Starting College

"I'm gonna miss you so much, y/n," Jay says, hugging you.

You hug him back. "I'm gonna miss you more."

"I'm gonna miss you most." Jay hugs you tighter and runs a hand through your hair. You keep him from saying anything else by pecking him on the lips, which leaves Jay with that adorably dorky expression he always makes after you kiss him.

"Okay, lots of love, moving on," Lloyd says sarcastically. Cole elbows him. "Ow!"

You laugh at the annoyed expression on Lloyd's face. "I almost forgot. I need to say goodbye to one more person." You walk over to Cole and give him a kiss on the cheek. "Take care of yourself, okay?"

Cole grins at you and kisses your forehead. "Don't worry about me. If any of those college jocks get too cocky just give me a call and I'll show them what's what."

"Okay, let's go!" Jay says, grabbing your arm and dragging you out the door. "Come on, y/n!"

"Jay! I didn't finish saying goodbye yet!" you protest.

Jay ignores you. "Come on, we need to make sure you aren't late for your flight!" He opens the trunk of Sensei Wu's old car and tosses your suitcases in.

"My flight's not for two hours, Jay," you say. "What's the rush?"

Jay just climbs into the car and starts the engine. You shrug to yourself and climb into the passenger seat. Jay pulls away while you wave at the rest of the ninja through the window.

Once the monastery is out of sight, Jay drives in moody silence. After a few minutes, you smack a hand down on the dashboard. "Okay, Jay, what's up with you?"

Jay pulls the car over and turns the engine off. "What was that with Cole?"

"What does that have to do with—oh!" you say, suddenly understanding Jay's behavior earlier. "Jay, relax! You don't have to be jealous."

"Jealous? I'm not jealous. Who said I was jealous?"

"Jay," you reply with a smile. "You were so jealous."

"Okay," Jay admits. "Maybe a little..."

"Don't be," you say, pecking him on the lips. "Cole and I are great friends, and that's all we'll ever be."

Jay hesitates. "Are you sure?"

You nod. "Positive. I know you've been hurt before, but Cole's like a brother to me, not...you know. He's not like you."

Jay sighs. "I know. It's just that he already took Nya from me. Who says he's not going to take you, too?"

"I say so," you promise. "You'll always be the only one for me, Jay."

"Promise?" Jay says softly.

You put a hand on his shoulder. "Promise."