33: Said Infatuation (Pt. 1)

It was your ordinary Wednesday morning. Not only was a nursing a massive hangover, I was also recovering from a swollen ankle. "You are the worst, most selfish person in the world," I said as Carter returned with food from Waffle House.

"I guess Dec will have your food then." Declan followed closely behind with two garment bags.

"I take it back. Bring it over here." I reached my arms out while keeping my ankle elevated. He reluctantly handed it over to me. "Thanks."

"What the hell happened to your foot?" I smirked at Carter when Declan asked the question.

"Ask your brother." Challenging Carter, I folded my arms across my chest. He turned around and walked into the kitchen.

"Is anyone going to tell me?"

"We were experimenting, I guess." I began while chewing a piece of bacon. "Mr. Suave over there wanted to try shower sex. Thought he'd be one of the first successes." I rolled my eyes.

"I don't even want to hear the rest." Declan tried to excuse himself.

"No. That's not the best part." He tentatively sat back down on the coffee table. "So, I guess he was trying to get a better grip because he tried to wrap my legs around his waist or some shit, right? This guy slips and to catch his balance, lets me go! My ankle hurts like a bitch."

"I'm over you two. Completely."

"You know the worst part. As I fell, my face came in contact with his pe-."

"Shut the fucĸ up." Carter clamped a hand over my mouth.

"-nis," I said. "Payback for your lack of upper body strength. You are a professional player. Toughen up." I took in a deep breath from my ranting before devouring my breakfast.

"You two are perfect for each other, I swear." It was in that moment Carter and I locked eyes, and he winked at me.

I'm just fucĸing with you. He just replaced my ice pack which was an equally nice gesture. After making sure I was okay, he took a seat on the recliner. "So, what's in the bag?"

"Our tuxes for sister dearest's wedding." Carter answered.

"If I hear that word one more time, I'm going to puke." I groaned at the thought of possibly having to participate in another one.

"Well that sucks because you're going."

"Pardon?" I faced Declan. "You see that Dec? He didn't even ask me."

"It's in Hawaii."

"When are we leaving?"

~∞~

"Wait a minute! Wait a fucĸing minute!" It was back to old times. We were sitting in Kinsley's kitchen eating a gourmet meal that she prepared for us. Don't forget the side of gossip. "He invited you to a wedding?"

"Nonetheless, his sister's?" Talia voiced her opinion rather loudly. "Seems like more than a quick fucĸ," she muttered.

"Yep, it seems pretty legit to me." I narrowed my eyes at Reese. She raised her hands in defeat.

"I never said it was a quick fucĸ," I said under my breath, kind of embarrassed to admit it. They all gasped collectively. "What did I say?"

"Bailey's committing?" Ashley asked. My glare had no match against her smirk.

"You guys are so annoying."

"I mean, shower sex says it all. You guys are serious." My lack of response to Kinsley made the erupt into laughter. "Nothing to say?"