Chapter 32

"We're not together you know, Michael and I" I spoke breaking the silence between Ethan and I.

"But he loves you" Ethan spoke softly lifting his head up from whatever paperwork he was helping with.

"Are you mad" I continued to question.

"Why would I be mad"

"Because i've been leading you on these past few weeks and well... hey look at me" I firmly spoke lifting his chin up so we could be eye to eye.

"Look i'm not even your boyfriend so I don't have a right to be jealous and protective over you. Yes, I care about you a lot and quite frankly I think your cute. But right now there can't be a you and I" he spoke.

"Why..."

"For starters your ex boyfriend is clearly in love with you still, and you need to settle things with him. Secondly right now your sobriety needs to be your top priority" Ethan stated.

"Soon does that mean you don't want to see me anymore" I spoke shifting my wait from one foot to the other.

"No, I think your amazing. But I defiantly think we need to slow things down between us" Ethan smiled.

"Okay, friends?" I questioned.

"Friends" Ethan smiled.

~~~

I sat on one of the couches in Demi's dressing room consumed by my thoughts as I let music fill one of my ears and the other tentatively listening in on Demi's and her makeup artist conversation, which they would occasionally try to include me in.
"Hey Iz wanna go roam around the the halls, before the show starts" I heard Maddie ask walking into the dressing room,
"Yeah why not" I smiled forcing myself up from the couch.
"I've honestly missed having you around" Maddie hugged me as we made our way.
"I know I've missed you too kid. Believe me these past few months have been hard for me and not just because of getting clean but also because I miss you. I miss all of you" I smiled looking over to Maddie who still had her arm over my shoulder.
"Why did you just stop talking to us" Maddie questioned.
"I don't know I guess it was my stubbornness and not wanting to admit I needed help. Plus I think I needed to work on myself alone first before I could accept your guys love" I answered truthfully.

"Hey beautiful girls" I heard a thick voice call from the corner and I instantly felt my blood run cold.

"Hey Wilmer" Maddie exclaimed as he made his way towards us.

"Izzy I'm ao glad to finally see you, betterI suppose" he added as he tried to grab my hand which I flinched away. 

"Yeah much better" I spoke anger laced in my tone before I turned at my heal and continued walking.

"Izzy hey wait up" I heard Maddie as she caught up to my pace. "Izzy!" I felt her tighten a grip on my hand. "What the hell was that all about" she spoke with worry.

"I just don't like him" I said.

"Reason?" Maddie continued to question.

"Because Maddie, he's a prick and a fucking creep" I blurted out.

"Who is" I heard Demi's voice causing both Maddie's and I attention.

"No one" I quickly stammered out as I shook off Maddie's grip from my arm.

"Madison..." Demi obviously not buying my answer stared down Maddie in hopes of getting the truth.

"Some guy, he was checking out Izzy and he creeped us out" she lied.

"See this is why I don't like you guys wandering around alone, why don't I text Wilmer to accompany you guys" Demi suggested.

"NO!" I quickly answered. "Demi I'm seventeen I don't need a baby sitter plus its not like I'm not used to  stares" I said.

"Okay then. Well don't wander around too much the show is starting soon and I have a special surprise for tonight" Demi smiled. 

Maddie and I stood on the side of the stage alongside Dallas and a few other of Demi's crew members as we watched Demi perform. Of course she was killing it, i'm surprised at how she keeps up she's been non stop touring the past year and a half. 

"Smilee" Maddie said as she recorded us on her phone dancing to one of Demi's songs being performed. It was moments like these that really made me wish I hadn't been so stubborn with the alcohol and drugs, I was missing out on a family even if this wasn't a typical family but still. As the song died down Demi began to speak into the microphone.

"Phew that was a workout" she said wiping the sweat off her brow. "So I wanted to talk to you guys really quickly before I perform my next song. Many of you know about my past struggles and how lately I've been straying away from my story because it doesn't define me" Demi continued her speech as the crowd endlessly cheered.  "But recently I had a moment to reflect on my journey more specifically my time during rehab, its an incredible hard time. You really let yourself be vulnerable infant of others and to yourself also. Which is why I want this next song to be dedicated to my younger sister Isabella, who is here tonight and is working hard in her sobriety" Demi spoke up, the melody of Warrior chiming in the background. 

I felt a rush of embarrassment. I know I had a lot to be proud of but I my dirty laundry isn't something for Demi to air out towards millions. Standing there in embarrassment I wasn't really registering everything around me, and suddenly I felt extremely dizzy and lightheaded before I knew it out my knees became weak causing me to fall. 

"Izzy... Izzy!" I faintly heard from a distance before darkness took over.