Thirty One

Jack's words keep replaying in my head. I'm not trying to fuck our relationship up? I hang my head in my hands. Since they've left, this is all I've been doing. A million possibilities are running through my mind.

Maybe if I go to sleep right now, all of my thoughts will be cut off and I'll be refreshed in the morning. I really wish Dylan and Lyss hadn't left so early. I remove my makeup that practically rubbed off already after tonight.

I change into some pajamas and hop into bed. I'll just shower in the morning, when I'm rested because right now, I feel all gloomy. I plug my phone into the charger and then turn off the lamp beside me.

I close my eyes and fall into deep sleep.

*

I stand in front of Jack's front door and I'm confident. I'll talk this all through with him. He'll be willing to, right? I take deep breaths as I ring the doorbell and it isn't long when he answers. His eyebrows pull together immediately.

Wow, he looks amazing as always. I don't know why I thought he'd look different. It's only been a night and he looks completely fine. He doesn't look as much of a wreck than I do.

"Jack, is it the pizza we ordered?" I hear a preppy voice and my heart drops to the floor.

"Wh- what?" I breathe as I see a girl come into sight.

This can't be. He couldn't have found a rebound already or 'moved on'. It's only been one night! I feel like tears are threatening to burst out of my eyes at any given moment.

"I'm taking my mom's advice." He smirks like an unaffected little bitch.

He looks like he doesn't regret a word that came out of his mouth. When his mom told him that she likes his ex more! That must be her. Auburn. She's really pretty, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm upset.

My jaw drops and my eyes become watery. No, no, no. I take a step away from the door as she tucks herself under his arm, he instantly wraps it around her. He rolls his eyes as he sees me about to cry. I hate being such a pussy.

"Who's this?" Auburn's voice asks, and I want to rip her voice box out.

"No one we need to worry about. Just a neighbor." Jack says, closing the door.

I stand there speechless. He lied to her and just shut the door on me. He wants to get back together with the clingy, obsessive girl who wants him for his money? I don't even know what to do right now.

I turn on my heels, the drops of salty tears falling one by one. I get into my Toyota. So much for all of the commitment? I stop in front his mailbox, rolling down my car window and opening his mailbox. I hope he checks his mail.

Okay, the things he's bought me and I have in this car, I'll just put in there? I always return my things when we fight and I'm honestly sick of doing this. Well, I guess I have to drive barefoot.

I take off my high heels, putting them in first and then all of my jewelry I'm wearing. So time consuming unscrewing every damn bracelet. I furiously wipe away my stupid tears as I shove everything into his mailbox and then shutting it.

"What are you doing?" I hear his raspy voice and he's walking down the driveway.

His face drops as the realization hits him and then starts jogging down to where I am. I quickly roll up my damn slow window and drive off. Now, the last thing I want is to talk to him.

I stop on the side of the road, trying to find some sneakers in my back seat and to my luck, a ball of socks and a pair of shoes are in the back. I knew these would come in handy.