CHAPTER 2

|••• Violet's POV •••|

The bell finally rang signalling the end of school and the 'tring' sound was a literal music to my ears.I pack my bags and excuse my way out in the sea of students who have huddled themselves up in their respective groups while smiling occasionally at some who are observant enough to notice and wave at me.
Probably after my hundredth 'excuse me', I reach the parking lot where me and my friends chill after school. Upon reaching the spot, I realize I am the earliest. I shrug nonchalantly and take out my headphones to kill time.

Just when my foot starts tapping the beats involuntarily, my eyes spot my brunette best friend who has the widest smile on her face as she enters with some friend of hers. She hasn't noticed me yet which is why I haven't been attacked by her hugs which are known to crush your bones. The girl she seems to have a very interesting conversation with is does not seem familiar. I can make out from her petite frame that she is not from our school. Call me creepy but you somehow do know the outline of any familiar person and seeing them everyday adds up to it. I heard about some new admission and I assume to be this particular girl. Just looking at them reminds me just how outgoing my friend is. We being less compatible makes our bond stronger, I believe.

Just as I shake my head at our weird friendship, Tessa enters the parking lot. She pats Jasmine's shoulder who is on the way still engaged in some chit chatting. Jasmine merely nods at her before resuming her talk with the newbie. Tessa approaches me with a wide grin on her face and I can't help but smile back at her.

"It seems like ages since I last saw your ugly face, Taylor." She says while opening her arms to hug me.

"Ditto!" I pull apart from her warm embrace.

"I've missed you, V." She says earnestly.

"I have missed you too." I sling my arm on her shoulder.

"Hey! I forgot to tell you. I had participated in this swimming competition they organise every year during holidays and I managed to grab the first place." She says, her eyes sparkling with joy.

"Why am I not surprised?" I pat her back and congratulate her on her success.

She mutters a shy 'thankyou' and starts fidgeting with her sweat pant pocket while we wait for our other friends. Tessa is literally the sweatpant girl of my school and she is the kind who'd indulge in anything and everything related to sports. She is known for beating asses in it and quite naturally, I am super proud of her.

Finally, Jasmine arrives and attacks us with her usual greeting.

"Where's Emily?" She asks.

"With Matthew. Duh. Where else would you think she'd be?" I ask.

"So you also knew! I thought I was the only one who came to know today that they are finally together but Jasmine gave me company." Tessa says.

"They made it hard to notice. It's all over their Facebook profile and instagram pictures." I shrug.

"Wow! This is a shocker. I was shipping them but I thought they'd take a little time to realize their feelings." Jasmine says.

Just as we were about to divert the topic, the couple in question arrived, hand in hand. Looking at them, I realized that their recent pictures together on Instagram did no justice to the amazing chemistry they share. Emily being the drop dead gorgeous girl complimented Matthew almost too perfectly. The usual greetings happened and Jasmine started digging for information from them about their relationship.
I zoned out somewhere in between where in Emily was describing just how she started to develop feelings for him. She was too narrative about all of that information which Jasmine was dying to know but I already did so I plugged in my headphones again and started listening to a 1D song instead.
Words cannot describe how dangerously I am in love with them. I love Niall while Tessa is into Harry Styles.