Chapter 4: A confrontation turned engagement.

Caden

"Miss, I'm sorry... you can't go in there right now. Hey! Stop!" The receptionist called, but it was too late. My mind was set on getting in there to see who ever this "Mr. Norman" man was.

"Miss please, you can't go in!" After her final verbal attempt, she tried to physically stop me, yet she was in vain. With a final step, I was at his door. I opened his door with a force that made it hit the wall.

"I'm sorry sir. I tried to stop her!" Exclaimed the secretary, defending herself as if her life depended on it. I couldn't care less about her apologies. Right now, my blood was boiling.

"It's okay, Lisa. I'll handle it." He remarked, waving her off. Nodding, she left the office with a face overflowing with relief.

"Miss, can I help you?" He inquired with a tone of burden lacing his words. I immediately shifted my eyes back to him away from the secretary that just left his office. It only took me a second to analyse the man in front of me. Okay, he wasn't exactly what I expected but I got this. I can handle this.

I walked directly up to him and slumped my handbag on his desk. I could see that act alone took an effect on him as he took a slight look at the handbag before raising his eyes back to me. I leaned a little forward as I rested both my hands on his desk. Looking straight into his eyes, I spoke up.

"I don't know what kind of sick game you have planned out but I'm demanding this minute that you stop it. If you don't, I'm warning you Mr Norman, the consequences are going to be too much for you to handle." I warned making sure my eyes reflected the fact that I meant exactly what I was stating but he just sat there, his head, a little titled to his right. No expression on his face. Not even a little fear in his eyes. It bordered me a little but I retained my position.

"Do I know you?" He asked still retaining his calmness. My brows slightly furrowed for a second, recollecting the fact that this man really has no idea who I am and yet he wants to marry me. The more this comes to light, the harder it is for me to understand what his deal was. I relaxed a bit, leaning away from his table. I folded my arms across my chest.

"Oh, I forgot the fact that you actually know nothing about the woman you're proposing marriage to." I stated, a little fake sarcastically amusement drawn across my face. His brows slightly lifted before he rolled his eyes from up to down, clearly taking this opportunity to have a good look at me. Truly. he couldn't see how annoying that act alone was.

"I see, so you're she." He stated rather than a question and what got to me was the tone he used. A kind of disappointing tone. How much more disrespectful can this man be?

"I don't even want to know what all this is about. I just need you to stop threatening my father with your nonsensical lawsuits and stop demanding that I marry you like some kind of sacrificial lamb. For goodness sake, this isn't the 1500s where you can barter people as if they were currency!" I ranted hoping all that I said really got through him because I couldn't see myself being married to such a man like him. Not in this life.

I watched him take in a deep breath before getting up to his feet, his body built clearly overshadowing the sunlight from the view behind him. Okay, he was huge or perhaps, I was the little one. No problem. I can handle this. I watched him walk away from his seat, past his table and only stopped when he was in front of me. Both hands buried within the pockets of his trouser. I had to take a slight step backward as I realised he stood too close for comfort. Still refusing to back down and ready to defend my future, I had to really raise my head up so our eyes met while he stared down at me. I could notice the mock in his eyes. God, he was tall!

"No." He finally replied. That exact word resounding in my ears. His voice quite deep. Unbelievable was my situation. I blinked several times as if to recharge and find my stand. He really wasn't budging one bit and that fact was a little rendering me speechless. I hated that fact.