17. Arsonists Lullaby

My fingers played with the bottom of my shorts, tearing away slowly at the fabric as I refused to meet eyes with either person in the room.

"I'm assuming you both know why I've asked you to come here?" Marin Morrell broke the deathly silence in the room.

Charlie didn't say anything, I could feel his gaze on me and even though the question was directed at both of us I knew that my answer was the only one that they wanted. Without looking up from black polished nails I rolled my eyes.

"What's the point? Matts dead, the sheriff got his job back, and everyone knows who the killer is. There isn't much else we need to discuss," I say in a monotone voice.

"You were almost killed Imelda," Charlie says, my posture stiffening even more then it already was.

It had been like this from the moment Charlie had picked me up from the scene of the crime, I hadn't talked to him. He would ask me so many questions but it was like a glass wall was between us and I could hear was Dom's voice telling me I was on that plane crash or Charlie ordering no one to speak about it. I wanted to know if it was real or not, but I didn't know if I was ready for his answer. What if Dom was telling the truth? Most of these vision were always true, they always had some truth to them.

How could I not remember being on that plane though? And the worst part was I couldn't ask him about it, every time I tried to my throat would close off and millions of alarming signals would go off in my head, detaining me from every speaking the words.

My eyes merely glanced at him, looking over the tired eyes of my guardian who had spent countless nights waking me up from nightmares. They had come back, unfortunately for the both of us, and now they were stronger then ever. Only now they were about Matt coming after me with the Kanima clawing me or imagining myself back in that trance with Dom.

"Charlie tells me you are having trouble sleeping again," Morrell comments.

I nod, not answering and instead just shrugging my shoulders.

Morrell sighs heavily, exchanging her intense gaze towards Charlie and requesting," would you mind letting us talk alone?"

He doesn't answer for the first moment, breathing heavily and nodding.

"I'll be right outside," he says, thinking its reassuring but to me it's a huge relief that he won't be in the room as I speak. He stand and leans in, placing a small kiss on my forehead while I ball my fists and try not to scream.

"Imelda, I would like to take this slow. So why don't you explain to me what happened?" She says calmly.

I nod, eyeing the closed door before starting," Scott and Stiles figured out it was Matt. They took me with them and all 3 of us convinced the sheriff that it was Matt killing all those people. We had no evidence though, just an accurate theory so we got into the sheriffs office where all the vide cd was stored. Scott's mom was our key witness, she was the one to have seen Matt at the hospital the night the pregnant women died. Scott asked her to come to the station, Stiles and I were suppose to make sure the front desk let her in... but he was already there. He took us hostage, held me at gunpoint and forced us to delete any evidence. Stiles had to handcuff his own father to one of the radiators, again Matt threatened to kill me if he didn't do it. Scott's mom showed up then and... Matt locked her inside one of the cells. Hell broke loose then, we managed to get away from him after. Scott went to distract Matt and I went to get their parents. Things didn't go as planned and Sheriff got knocked out, Matt tried attacking me and I got a couple punches into his face. After that he managed to escape when Scott came... everything else is kind of a blur."

She nods, clicking her pen twice and asking, "you denied any medication to help with the trauma."

I shake my head," there was no trauma. Matt put a gun to my head but didn't try attacking me, I'm over it. I move on from traumatic shit, trust me I've had plenty of experience in that field."