Chapter 99

Troye Sivan - Wild <3
______________

-Hannah POV-

"Nate?" I frowned and tried to sit up but the pain was excruciating.

"Nate please try and calm her down, the baby." Dr Gilbert said in a panicked voice.

"And no more people barging into the room!" She added angrily. "Its a hospital room for godsake."

"Hannah listen." Nate said to me. "Jack will be here soon, right now we have to get the baby out or she - or he - is gonna have a hard time."

"I can't -"

"No you can okay?" Nate trailed his finger across my face. "I'm right here by your side Han, I'm not gonna leave you."

I nodded. I believed Nate. I believed the words he spoke because I could see it in his honest eyes. They calmed me.

And I pushed. Every five seconds I cursed unladylike words as I pushed my little baby out. And every five seconds Nate would whisper softly into my ear, helping me give birth.

"Almost there." He would say softly. "You can do this Han."

I would tell him to shut the fück up.

"Focus on me, I'm here." Nate held my hand and had his eyes on me.

"Is it over?" I sobbed looking at Nate who kept his eyes on me the whole time like he was devoted to this.

"One more push Han." He gripped my hand tightly.

I pushed hard and a little cry made me exhale in pure happiness. I broke down into tears of pain and joy at the same time, and then I felt Nates arms covered me.

I held him tightly and cried every single tear I could possible cry as they cleaned my newborn up. Nate didn't let go, he wrapped his arms around me, like a refuge that could keep me safe. And I felt safe.

It must have been fifteen minutes long.

"You did good." He whispered. "I'm proud of you Han."

"Thank you for being my hero Nate." I said softly.

Finally, he pulled away and covered me with an extra hospital blanket. Nate tried to avoid my gaze but I could see his eyes red and puffy. He cried.

My mom and Mrs G gave each other a what the fück look. They were as confused as I was.

"Hannah?" A nurse held a squirming bundle in her arms. "Ready to meet your new baby boy?"

I smiled immediately. "Yes please. Can I just hold him?"

The nurse handed him over to me, Nate stood close by, watching us intently. I felt so well protected and wished he would stand there forever. Because this moment was far too precious.

My baby boy squirmed in my arms. He was still red but I could see Jack and I in his beautiful face. He was our baby. And I love him so much already. Nate chuckled as he let our a small cry of annoyance when I squeezed his little body to mine.

"Han?" Dr Gilbert was back with a clip board. "Feeling good? I'll send a nurse to bring some tea up."

"I just need a shower." I laughed and still admired my baby.

"Later." She nodded. "Right now, I'd like to know what you're naming your newborn?"

I looked at Nate for help then slapped myself mentally. Nate isn't his father. Just because he helped does not make it okay to just assume things. I had to remember that.